Discounts on Hotels

Old October 10th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Default Discounts on Hotels

Pretty much eastern but the most useful

http://www.travelcoupons.com/

National scope but not quite as much coverage in each location

http://www.roomsaver.com/roomsaver/search.asp

More midwest but I've little experience with these

http://motel-coupons.com/
http://mwtravelbuddy.com/index.htm

To actually get the books look around the state welcome centers on the
interstates.

R. Carvish wrote:

Hi,

I used to live in California, and at Denny's they used to have this coupon
book to allow "walk-in" rates for one person, etc, at various hotels (some
pretty decent chains), with this discount I could save as much as 50%,
provided there was availability. In otherwords, in Santa Barbara, this
would be totally useless.

In any event, I plan to travel next year through some of the North
Midwest, I have no real itinerary yet, or anything... but I know I'll be
staying in South Dakota, possibly Wyoming and Oregon, where I have no
choice, except to get a hotel. Do these types of coupon books exist at
truck stops there? In my situation, I may not have the ability to get one
while enroute, how could I get this sort of thing in advance?

I know Motel 6 is one place that offers good rates for hotels, but I did
some research, and most motel 6's are out of the way, and it would be
difficult to get to them. I just don't want any surprises with
accomodations when I get to any of my destinations.

Thanks in advance,
Rachel in Canada