Dental Tourism in Eastern Europe

Old May 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
bigbrian

Default Dental Tourism in Eastern Europe

I'm considering have a dental implant done overseas, probably
Budapest, where the savings are considerable as against prices here in
the UK.
I've seen plenty of positive testimonials from people who have had
similar work done (mostly posted by or on behalf of the clinics, so
its hardly surprising), but I'm looking to see if anyone has any
stories that go the other way. So far any negative publicity I've
seen
seems to come from UK dentists, dental associations and other parties
with a vested interest, along the lines of "yes, but what happens if
it goes wrong, and your dentist is in Budapest" (the answer to which
is that the clinic offers a guarantee that includes paying for travel
and accommodation costs back to Hungary, if necessary, or having the
work done in the UK and sending them the bill). Some of the
testimonials I've seen mention that their own dentists back in the UK
have been very impressed with the quality of the work done, and
apparently something like 1/3 of all Austrians cross the border into
Hungary for routine dental treatment. Can they all be wrong?

So, are there any actual patients who've had work done in Eastern
Europe and
then wished they hadn't? Was the problem with the quality of the
treatment, the materials, the clinic itself?

Regards
Brian

Old May 1st, 2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On 1 May 2007 05:52:36 -0700, bigbrian
wrote:

[...]

Try Molvania. See http://www.molvania.com.au/molvania/

MOLVANIA – a land untouched by modern dentistry.

Sorry Brian - it was iresistable...

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Athens and The Adriatic
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 May 2007 13:07:17 GMT, Alan S wrote:

MOLVANIA - a land untouched by modern dentistry.

Sounds a bit like Scarborough.

You're not kidding mate.

I had my last root canal done in Bombay.

It cost about £30...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old May 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

On 1 May 2007 05:52:36 -0700, bigbrian wrote:

I'm considering have a dental implant done overseas, probably
Budapest, where the savings are considerable as against prices here in
the UK.

So, are there any actual patients who've had work done in Eastern
Europe and then wished they hadn't?

The words Sobibor and Treblinka spring to mind.

Gerry
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Tue, 01 May 2007 18:58:06 GMT,
"William Black" has scripted:

"Martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 01 May 2007 13:07:17 GMT, Alan S wrote:

MOLVANIA - a land untouched by modern dentistry.

Sounds a bit like Scarborough.

You're not kidding mate.

I had my last root canal done in Bombay.

It cost about £30...

Was it a good job?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Deeply Filled Mortician" wrote
in message ...
Make credence recognised that on Tue, 01 May 2007 18:58:06 GMT,
"William Black" has scripted:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 01 May 2007 13:07:17 GMT, Alan S wrote:

MOLVANIA - a land untouched by modern dentistry.

Sounds a bit like Scarborough.

You're not kidding mate.

I had my last root canal done in Bombay.

It cost about £30...

Was it a good job?

Fast, painless, he had all the new toys like ultrasonic depth sensors on
the drill, it's ok so far and it was 12 months ago now.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old May 1st, 2007, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 May 2007 18:58:06 GMT, "William Black"

wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 01 May 2007 13:07:17 GMT, Alan S wrote:

MOLVANIA - a land untouched by modern dentistry.

Sounds a bit like Scarborough.

You're not kidding mate.

I had my last root canal done in Bombay.

It cost about £30...

Including airfare from Luton?

You can't fly from Luton to Bombay...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

"William Black" skrev i meddelandet
news

wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 May 2007 13:07:17 GMT, Alan S wrote:

MOLVANIA - a land untouched by modern dentistry.

Sounds a bit like Scarborough.

You're not kidding mate.

I had my last root canal done in Bombay.

It cost about £30...

Including airfare from Luton?

You can't fly from Luton to Bombay...

It's probably too tiresome for a human being to fly that distance.
But with an airplane who knows ?

Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

"Martin" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 May 2007 18:58:06 GMT, "William Black"

wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
om...
On Tue, 01 May 2007 13:07:17 GMT, Alan S wrote:

MOLVANIA - a land untouched by modern dentistry.

Sounds a bit like Scarborough.

You're not kidding mate.

I had my last root canal done in Bombay.

It cost about £30...

Including airfare from Luton?

You can't fly from Luton to Bombay...

It's probably too tiresome for a human being to fly that distance.
But with an airplane who knows ?

You could take a cruise via the root canal.
--

Martin

i suppose if we wait long enough "somebody" will come up with a sensible
answer to the posters origional question *maybe*

Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
bigbrian

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 May 2007 18:58:06 GMT, "William Black"

wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
om...
On Tue, 01 May 2007 13:07:17 GMT, Alan S wrote:

MOLVANIA - a land untouched by modern dentistry.

Sounds a bit like Scarborough.

You're not kidding mate.

I had my last root canal done in Bombay.

It cost about £30...

Including airfare from Luton?

You can't fly from Luton to Bombay...

It's probably too tiresome for a human being to fly that distance.
But with an airplane who knows ?

You could take a cruise via the root canal.
--

Martin

i suppose if we wait long enough "somebody" will come up with a sensible
answer to the posters origional question *maybe*

Yes, I was naively hoping the same thing.......

Regards
Brian