India with a pregnant woman

Old November 13th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Miguel Cruz

Default India with a pregnant woman

Thomas F. Unke wrote:
"PTRAVEL" writes:
It depends. There are some world-class 5-star hotels in Rajasthan at which
you and she will be extremely comfortable.

Not really necessary to stay there. Apart from the
Lonley-Planet-Cheapie-Hotels, everything from 600 Rs is quite clean and
comfortable. And if you need a real hotel experience in Rajasthan, don't
go for the 5-Stars, but go for the hotels in palaces. There is nothing
like this in other countries.

I don't know this for absolute certain, but I have heard that there are some
women who are from India and remain there during their pregnancy, and live
to tell the tale.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 13th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Michael Christoffersen

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
news
.

I don't know this for absolute certain, but I have heard that there are
some
women who are from India and remain there during their pregnancy, and live
to tell the tale.

Yes, but they dont really have a choice now do they?
There are also pregnant women in Tikrit and Bashra in Iraq but that doesnt
mean it is safe to bring a pregnant foreign woman.

Cheers
Michael

Old November 13th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
"PTRAVEL" writes:

It depends. There are some world-class 5-star hotels in Rajasthan at

which
you and she will be extremely comfortable.

Not really necessary to stay there. Apart from the
Lonley-Planet-Cheapie-Hotels, everything from 600 Rs is quite clean
and comfortable. And if you need a real hotel experience in Rajasthan,
don't go for the 5-Stars, but go for the hotels in palaces. There is
nothing like this in other countries.

I seldom seek "experiences" inside a hotel.

Old November 14th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Kris

Sure, but there are also many wealthy Indians who could afford to leave the
country for the duration of their pregnancies if they really thought it was
important; I don't think it happens very often. (They also filter their
water.)

miguel

Fair enough, but those wealthy pregnant Indian women probably don't
travel all around their country on horribly bad roads while pregnant.

Kris

Old November 14th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Miguel Cruz

Kris wrote:
Sure, but there are also many wealthy Indians who could afford to leave
the country for the duration of their pregnancies if they really thought
it was important; I don't think it happens very often. (They also filter
their water.)

Fair enough, but those wealthy pregnant Indian women probably don't
travel all around their country on horribly bad roads while pregnant.

I think you may have me there. But is it a problem to travel on bumpy roads
while pregnant? What happened in the days before smooth-paved roads? What
about people who had to travel on horseback? With all the life-and-death
crises we have to face today (tap water, non-anti-bacterial soap, safety
warnings everywhere) it's a wonder the species survived this long.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/

Old November 14th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Bijapuri

This thread is cute
1.no one has heard from the woman herself. I can't imagine why someone that
pregnant would want to visit an intense place like India.
2. Pregnant women in India usually stay at home, and the only traveling they
do is likely to be back to their mom's house for the last few months and
birth.
3. I love how all these people who are not OBGYN doctors have advice.

Me, I wouldn't dream of asking a pregnant woman to go to India, but I'm not
a doctor either. Just a father of three. I would, however not hesitate for a
moment to take a small child (age 3 up) to India. India is a totally kid
friendly place! So my comment about waiting a few years was really how I
feel.

BiJ