"Your Papers, Please" Nation, Cruisers On Video

Old January 28th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Default "Your Papers, Please" Nation, Cruisers On Video

While you were sleeping, that next cabin of yours got a video camera.

As the privacy (what privacy?) of American citizens erodes faster than
California hill side in a torrential rain, the Congress voted in The
National Intelligence Reform Act. As is the usual, under the umbrella of
fighting terrorism (if we are fighting terrorism, why did Congress undo the
$1 billion Terrorism Information Agency under DARPA?), Prez Bush snuck a
few extra goodies in to the bill. Outside of the fact that this is a thinly
disguised legislation which is now being used to create aa National ID Card
(what's that barcode doing on the back of your STATE driver's license?)
looksee see the following blip.

-- Creates watch lists for passengers on ships.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...cts/index.html

Watch lists? Wanna know how a watch list works?

Let's say, for whatever reason, Pax A has been "tagged" as a potential
terrorist (you know, like he's got a head wrap..or a boa LOL). You sit down
by the pool and have, since you're there to commingle, a friendly
conversation. The watcher (by public video installed on nearly all ships,
or as a 3 letter agency "pax") now "tags" you. He can. It's law.

Now, they already got a camera in Head Wrap's cabin, guess who gets one
now?

There will come a day, not so distant, where we will become a " your papers
please" nation.

Enjoy your cruise.

PS. Don't get called to testify in front of a grand jury. Your testimony is
no longer considered private...if it ever was.

Old January 28th, 2005, 03:23 PM
greatviz

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

[...]

http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/

Sshh...we're being watched even now. Just because we're paranoid,
doesn't mean we're not being watched.

Old January 28th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Fred

"Karen Segboer" wrote in message
greatviz wrote:

Sshh...we're being watched even now. Just because we're paranoid,
doesn't mean we're not being watched.

On Usenet?!? Noooo .......

No..........on Yahoo

Old January 28th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Jim Booth

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

......and your problem with this is?

JIM

Old January 28th, 2005, 07:14 PM

There will come a day, not so distant, where we will become a "

your
papers
please" nation.

Enjoy your cruise.

PS. Don't get called to testify in front of a grand jury. Your

testimony
is
no longer considered private...if it ever was.

.....and your problem with this is?

Perhaps you should read a copy of George Orwell's book "1984 - Big
Brother is Watching You" and then answer your own question.

Gary

Old January 28th, 2005, 07:31 PM
mb

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
[...]

Thus the penalty you get for re-electing George Bush. Call it a stupid tax.
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:51:18 -0900, Jim Booth wrote:

.....and your problem with this is?

JIM

Which?
Old January 29th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Jim Booth

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:31:08 -0400, mb wrote:

Thus the penalty you get for re-electing George Bush. Call it a stupid

tax.

Funny, but the entire anti-terrorism, para military effort was begun by
Jimmy Carter aka Delta Force. The Bush's built on it and accelerated the
process, no doubt, mainly via John Poindexter in the wake of their

looking
away on? 9/11.

Just thiink, this would never be happening if Clinton would have listened to
his advisors and taken Osama instead of messing with Monica!

JIM