12 DAY AEGEAN & MEDITERRANEAN DREAMING EXPERIENCE

Old July 2nd, 2005, 04:34 PM

Default 12 DAY AEGEAN & MEDITERRANEAN DREAMING EXPERIENCE

12 DAY AEGEAN & MEDITERRANEAN DREAMING EXPERIENCE

Day 01 - Bodrum
You will be transferred from Bodrum Airport, or Bodrum bus station to
Hotel Kalender. On arrival please check into the hotel where your
accommodation has been reserved for the night. You will be given your
room key and the rest of the day is yours to enjoy party and explore
Bodrum.

Day 02 -Hamam - Turkish Bath in Bodrum is a must:
Hamam, that?s the word for the Turkish bath - surely an unforgettable
part of your holiday and the massage is the best part. On the marble
slab the guest will receive a pummeling from head to toe, let the
expert scrub of all those dead cells, relax again, and then drift away
while the masseur straightens out all those knots and tense bits. All
you have to do then is to wash your hair and put on loads of sun cream
before emerging. After that you can relax with a Gay (Turkish tea) and
you feel reborn. All rest of the day free and enjoy party and explore
Bodrum.

Day-3 DALYAN (CAUNOS) TOUR
Dalyan is a very popular small town not spoiled by buildings. The
wonderful 7 kilometer sandy Iztuzu Beach, which is accessible by a 45
minutes boat trip, is one of the last nesting areas for the Caretta
caretta, Sea Turtles. Between May and September, the female turtles
come to the beach to lay their eggs, to keep check on them from time to
time and finally to take their babies to the sea.
Caunos, the ancient city near modern Dalyan, was founded around the 9th
century BC. Once it was a Mediterranean city port, but over the
centuries the silt from the Dalyan River choked the harbour and today
the town lies several kilometers from the sea. Caunos is famous for its
rock-cut tombs. These were graves for the kings and important people of
the city. Since the Pagan people of the area believed in resurrection,
they put lots of food, money, jewellery and other valuable items in
holes at the entrance of the tombs, but because of grave robbers
nothing is now left today.

Day 4- Bodrum
The day is yours.You don't have to wake up early, enjoy the sunshine
and take in the views and natural magnificient beach & crystal clear
sea andexplore the city, shop in the local markets, relax on the beach
or enjoy one of the many day trips you have to choose from. These
include Aqua Park,, scuba diving, fhising tour and many more.

Day 5- VILLAGE TOUR
Village Tour: Bodrum overflowing with boutiques, bars, cafes,
restaurants is considered as a sophisticated resort yet some 20 minutes
away a rare opportunity to visit an un spoilt mountain village and
experience rural Turkish life, almost unchanged for centuries. Meet the
humblest peasent whose generosity and kidness never fails to suprise
and shows a hospitelity that is long forgatten. Visit the tea house,
the mosque and some local houses where you will experience delicious
Turkish Cuisine and local spirits. In the end, you will see an
impressive display of local handmade kilims and carpets made by
villager women.

Day 6-Ephesus
After breakfast in the hotel you will depart for our guided tour of
Ephesus one of the seven ancient wonders of the world. These are only a
few words that may describe Ephesus. However no one could adequately
describe Ephesus with words; one has to see Ephesus to appreciate it. A
visit to Ephesus, one of the largest and best-preserved ancient cities
in the world, is a must for those who are interested in archeology and
culture.Ephesus is 185 kilometers away from Bodrum. An approximately
three hours' journey through the cotton fields will bring you to this
unique ancient site. 7 07:00 Departure for Ephesus. 7 08:30 Stop for an
open-buffet breakfast with home-made marmalades, eggs and cheese from
the village and the view of beautiful Lake Bafa. 11:00 Visit the house
of Virgin Mary and the ruins of the ancient city of Ephesus. 14:00 Have
a very tasty lunch at the best restaurant of the area. 16:00 Leave for
Bodrum.

Day-7 Picnic Boat Trip
A day at sea with lunch included and served on board. We set out at
approx. 11:00 to cruise the turquoise seas of the Bodrum coastline. We
will visit several of the most beautiful bays where you can swim and
snorkel in crystal-clear water or simply relax in the mild breeze,
enjoy the stunning views and perfect your suntan to the sound of the
gently lapping waves.At the black island, half an hour from Bodrum, you
can bath in the grotto where the warm mineral waters flowing out of the
rocks are believed to beautify the complexion.
Back on land at approx. 17:00.

Day 08 -Bodrum
The day is yours.You don't have to wake up early, enjoy the sunshine
and take in the views and natural magnificient beach & crystal clear
sea andexplore the city, shop in the local markets, relax on the beach
or enjoy one of the many day trips you have to choose from. These
include Aqua Park,, scuba diving, fhising tour and many more.

Day 9- Pamukkale
After breakfast we depart the hotel for our guided tour of the
breathtaking white calcium cliffs of Pamukkale. You can bathe in the
heated waters and visit the ancient ruins also found here. Pamukkale is
285 kilometers away from Bodrum. An approximately four and a half
hours' journey through forests and country villages will take you to
this beautiful place. 07:00 Leave for Pamukkale. 09:00 Stop for a
traditional Turkish breakfast 11:30 Visit the ancient city of
Hierapolis, walk on the snow? Ice? Mirage? Clouds? the beautiful
cascades and swim in a spa. 14:00 Try some delicious samples of the
Turkish cuisine. 15:00 Leave for Bodrum.

Day 10 TURKISH NIGHT BELLY DANCING SHOW
If this is your first time in Turkey and never been to a Turkish Night,
we strongly recommend you go to one! Belly Dancers, Turkish folkdance,
Turkish food and wine, a lot of laugh and audience participation. The
program usually starts at 20:30 and goes on till midnight. Turks really
know how to have fun all together.
Great Turkish style entertainment for everyone. Join us for evening of
eastern promise, sample the local cuisine, local meze and drinks. You
will be amazed the folk dances from all over the country and be
entranced by the belly dancers in addition traditional Turkish
hospitality. For the people who have a taste of living, the importance
of the atmosphere is great. There are some places that you love... you
miss and you want to share with friends Join us for a Traditional
Turkish Night.

Day 11- JEEP SAFARI TOUR.
Driving in Suzuki Jeeps, our 130 km route is mostly OFF-ROAD and
includes the most spectacular views and countryside of the entire
region. Leaving Bodrum at approx. 10:00, we head east of the Bodrum
Peninsula. After a coffee break at =C7iftlikk=F6y, we reach the highest
peak of the Peninsula affording a magnificent panorama. Continuing
through Etrim and Mumcular villages we arrive at the sleepy hamlet of
Mazi for lunch and a swim in the gorgeous bay. We take in the pine
forests and mountain scenery on our return journey to Bodrum for
approx. 17:00

Day 12- Bodrum.
We hope your tour was a memorable one and we would like to see you in
the future in one of our tours again .After breakfast check out from
the hotel . We make your return airport transfer services. Have a nice
trip back home and thanks for choosing Hotel Kalender.

TOUR INCLUDES:
11-night Accommodation at Hotel Kalender in Bodrum (with Breakfast and
Dinner)
Return Airport transfer from Bodrum Airport or Bodrum bus station.
Fully guided Ephesus tour, Pamukkale tour, Dalyan ( Caunos ) Tour,
Turkish Village Life Tour,
All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
Turkish Night,
Turkish Bath,
Jeep Safari
Boat Trip