Thai Airways

Old September 15th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Jacqueline Leiter

Default Thai Airways

My husband and I will be flying Thai Airways Executive Class in January
2004. When going on their site I noticed that for entertainment they
offer Video Walkmen and you get to choose from their movies. Has anyone
flown Thai in this class? Can you bring your own DVD's? Is there a
charge for the Walkman? I tried calling Thai, but they had me on hold
forever. How was the service and food in general? Thanks in advance.
Jackie

Old September 15th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Citronella

You don't say where your flight is to/from, but for what it's worth-

I've flown their 'executive class' ( I think they call it Orchid Class
or something) from Bangkok to Beijing, BKK to Singapore, BKK to Hong
Kong and once BKK to Vancouver, Canada.
Most carriers offer personal videos in business class, either in
Discmen or the ones attached to the armrest.
Thai air is ok, food is typical airline food. I'm not sure I'd call it
executive class. Maybe more like 'Used Car Salesman of the Month'
class.
Most of the mainstream movies are available, but oddly I've never seen
Thai movies offered. I'm sure you are welcome to bring your own
movies.

C.
-----------------

Old September 16th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Chanchao

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:02:39 -0400, Jacqueline Leiter
wrote some stuff about "Thai Airways", to which I would like to add the
following:

My husband and I will be flying Thai Airways Executive Class in January
2004. When going on their site I noticed that for entertainment they
offer Video Walkmen and you get to choose from their movies. Has anyone
flown Thai in this class? Can you bring your own DVD's? Is there a
charge for the Walkman? I tried calling Thai, but they had me on hold
forever. How was the service and food in general?

Food and service in general was quite good. But those video walkmans look like
they were designed in the 80's. Sure you can bring your own DVD's but you
can't play them in that 'thing' they give you. They're about the size of two
bricks attached to each other and weigh about the same. Like having a baby
Betamax player on your lap. I don't know what media it does take as I had way
too much too drink by the time they started handing them out.

Cheers,
Chanchao
Old September 16th, 2003, 12:52 PM
thegoons

"Jacqueline Leiter" wrote in message
My husband and I will be flying Thai Airways Executive Class in January
2004. When going on their site I noticed that for entertainment they
offer Video Walkmen and you get to choose from their movies.

The fact that they are still handing-out 1980's style video walkmen is a
fair indication that they are not interested in investing for what business
travellers demand.

Has anyone
flown Thai in this class? Can you bring your own DVD's? Is there a
charge for the Walkman? I tried calling Thai, but they had me on hold
forever. How was the service and food in general?

Based on your advice re waiting time, a fair indication that corporate
attitudes towards service are poor.

Thanks in advance.
Jackie

Old September 30th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Citronella wrote:

You don't say where your flight is to/from, but for what it's worth-

I've flown their 'executive class' ( I think they call it Orchid Class
or something) from Bangkok to Beijing, BKK to Singapore, BKK to Hong
Kong and once BKK to Vancouver, Canada.

Interesting. When did TG ever fly to YVR? I dn;t thinkt hey ever did.
Closest was to SEA or to YYZ in Canada.

Old September 30th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Jacqueline Leiter wrote:

My husband and I will be flying Thai Airways Executive Class in January
2004. When going on their site I noticed that for entertainment they
offer Video Walkmen and you get to choose from their movies. Has anyone
flown Thai in this class? Can you bring your own DVD's? Is there a
charge for the Walkman? I tried calling Thai, but they had me on hold
forever. How was the service and food in general? Thanks in advance.

The videos are tape. Small tapes. Not sure if there is any consumer
equivalent. AFAIK, only AS offers personal DVDs.