"Canada" The Deserters Choice

Old April 29th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Boycott Canada

Default "Canada" The Deserters Choice

"gman99" wrote in message
"Boycott Canada" wrote:
"Canada" The Deserters Choice. Why be a man, when you can crawl with the
snakes. Run to Canada... The Deserters Choice....

Yes, please do, we don't mind accepting the intelligent Americans...the
more the merrier...

Sure. Every time an American deserter with a IQ of 90 runs to canada, It
razes all of canada's IQ average by 20 points

Old April 29th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Mike from Ottawa

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:58:45 GMT, "Boycott Canada"
wrote:

"gman99" wrote in message
"Boycott Canada" wrote:
"Canada" The Deserters Choice. Why be a man, when you can crawl with the
snakes. Run to Canada... The Deserters Choice....

Yes, please do, we don't mind accepting the intelligent Americans...the
more the merrier...

Sure. Every time an American deserter with a IQ of 90 runs to canada, It
razes all of canada's IQ average by 20 points

Sorry, it's spelt "raises" -- you are hereby disqualified and returned
to the US.

BTW, this is a USA-Canada travel group. Take your moaning and BS
elsewhere.

---
Mike from Ottawa
Old April 29th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Boycott Canada

wrote:

"gman99" wrote in message
"Boycott Canada" wrote:
"Canada" The Deserters Choice. Why be a man, when you can crawl with
the
snakes. Run to Canada... The Deserters Choice....

Yes, please do, we don't mind accepting the intelligent Americans...the
more the merrier...

Sure. Every time an American deserter with a IQ of 90 runs to canada, It
razes all of canada's IQ average by 20 points

Sorry, it's spelt "raises" -- you are hereby disqualified and returned
to the US.

BTW, this is a USA-Canada travel group. Take your moaning and BS
elsewhere.

---
Mike from Ottawa

So Mikie...I wona post here. Shove that up your spell checker

Old April 29th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Mike from Ottawa

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:15:26 GMT, "Boycott Canada"
wrote:
snip

So Mikie...I wona post here. Shove that up your spell checker

At the very least, it's "wanna" -- you're still a reject, and
illiterate at that. Run along, little troll.

---
Mike from Ottawa
Old April 29th, 2004, 01:43 AM
fishman

"Boycott Canada" wrote in message
After all....Canada is almost as communistic country in the west, thanks

Cuba... Look how good that's going Castro...If it were not for the sorry
assed canadians supporting him with all the tourist trade he'd have been
gone a long time ago... FU canada

Yeah, the Miami Cubans sending millions upon millions in remittances every
year haven't helped Castro at all. Good point.

Chris

Old April 29th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Frank F. Matthews

127.0.0.1 wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 03:08:20 GMT, Brian Wickham
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:57:25 GMT, "Boycott Canada"
wrote:

"Canada" The Deserters Choice. Why be a man, when you can crawl with the
snakes. Run to Canada... The Deserters Choice....

Why be a man when your Daddy's friends can get you into the National
Guard ahead of the waiting list?

what NG unit has a waiting list? but why let facts get in the way of a
good anti bush rant

Until the draft was abolished most guard units had a waiting list of
kids trying to avoid Vietnam. Of course today you join the guard and
get sent to Iraq.

Old April 29th, 2004, 05:26 AM
pltrgyst

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:58:45 GMT, "Boycott Canada" wrote:

Yes, please do, we don't mind accepting the intelligent Americans...the
more the merrier...

Sure. Every time an American deserter with a IQ of 90 runs to canada, It
razes all of canada's IQ average by 20 points

"Razes"? Apparently you're one they threw back, eh?

-- Larry

Old April 29th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Brian Wickham

wrote:

"Canada" The Deserters Choice. Why be a man, when you can crawl with the
snakes. Run to Canada... The Deserters Choice....

Why be a man when your Daddy's friends can get you into the National
Guard ahead of the waiting list?

what NG unit has a waiting list? but why let facts get in the way of a
good anti bush rant

Apparently, 127.0.0.1, you were not involved in the draft in the
Vietnam era. Anyone who received a draft notice and then tried to
enlist in the Guard or Reserves soon found out that there were no
slots open and they would have to go on a waiting list. There were a
few slots open for selected occupations that were hard to fill.
Having a 1st Class Radio License I could have gotten one in a local
Air Force Reserve unit but decided that 6 years of bull**** was less
desirable than 2 years. Result - a tour in Vietnam.

FYI, even if you tried to enlist after receiving a draft notice you
soon found out that the school you wanted was filled for the next six
months. The only reason to enlist was to get a guaranteed school
assignment. I'm not counting the five guys who actually wanted to be
infantrymen, or the Marines which is a wholly different mind set. (I
have two relatives who were Marines, one a career man. So don't think
I'm dumping on the Marines. I even know a guy who joined the Marines
after he had been in the Peace Corps which meant he didn't owe any
military service!)

Bush got accepted for pilot training over many other applicants who
had higher scores, and were in every way more acceptable. Does that
amount to jumping the list? I think so. And then to top it off he
"volunteered" for stateside duty and managed to miss his flight
physical, which sabotaged any flying career he may have been
pretending to want.

And yes, maybe on an individual basis I'm not that keen on those who
ran to Canada, but I do believe they gave up something. When drafted
you had choices
1. go willingly
2. enlist for a school
3. try to get into the guard or reserves before your report date
4. appeal the decision
a. prove you didn't really deserve to go
i. sole support
ii. medically unfit
iii. a raft of other legal reasons
b. fake the board with phony x-rays
5. Run to Canada, for whatever motives.

Those who ran to Canada either didn't know a doctor willing to give
them someone else's x-rays because they weren't in that higher social
cast, or they had deep principles that drove them to give up a pretty
good life with their friends and family in this country.

My ZIP code had the highest compliance for the draft during Vietnam.
It also had the highest rate of deaths in Vietnam. My grammar school
alone had eight dead, one of them a Medal of Honor winner. I have
many people I grew up with that went to Vietnam, and some to Germany.
And the neighborhood has another, live, Medal of Honor winner.

Yet this is one more Vietnam veteran who has no problem with those who
went to Canada.

Why don't we talk about the upper middle class, and rich, boys who
found it quite easy with the connivance of their parents and doctors
to lie their way out of the draft. Are they too different from the
rich boys who got nice cushy slots in guard units? Both methods
involve a measure of dishonesty. It may have been against the law to
go to Canada but it wasn't sneaky. It was an act that all could see.

John Kerry was a rich boy. He seemed to understand his duty.
President George Bush's father flew in combat. I wonder what his
feelings are about his son's lack of a sense of duty? I feel sorry
for him because I know what he may be thinking. My stepfather flew 30
combat missions as a gunner in the 8th Air Force. He lived through
hell and came home to tell me that the louder the patriot, the bigger
the coward. George Bush Sr. must know that. I feel sorry for him and
the sacrifices he made in the Pacific to be so dishonored by such a
callow son.

And I'll tell you something else about the National Guard. The local
Guard units are social clubs. The local pols and real estate men run
them and decide who will join. These days it doesn't make much
difference but during the draft era there was a lot of pressure on
Guard units from would-be applicants. They had to create waiting
lists but most of these lists were fictions meant to keep out the
nobodies. The sons of all the local prominent people sailed right in
on some pretext or another if they lost a deferment and were put in
jeopardy of being drafted. These were the same people who were the
loudest supporters of "our fighting men in Vietnam". They are the
same people today who loudly support Bush. Phony patriots, quivering
cowards.

Are there any of you NGs out there willing to speak up and tell the
truth about Guard units back in the 1960s? It's time to come clean
and admit we were all afraid to go, but some took easy routes out that
were made available to them.

Brian Wickham, Sgt 1968-69 CMAC, Republic of Vietnam
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Miguel Cruz

Boycott Canada wrote:
"gman99" wrote:
Yes, please do, we don't mind accepting the intelligent Americans...the
more the merrier...

Sure. Every time an American deserter with a IQ of 90 runs to canada, It
razes all of canada's IQ average by 20 points

By the 10th time, Canada's IQ will have seen a 200-point increase. I knew
that being opposed to pointless wars was smart, but I had no idea it rubbed
off so well.

miguel
Old April 29th, 2004, 08:09 AM
alohacyberian

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message
127.0.0.1 wrote:

Until the draft was abolished most guard units had a waiting list of
kids trying to avoid Vietnam. Of course today you join the guard and
get sent to Iraq.

Gimme a break. Many National Guardsmen were sent to Vietnam, particularly
pilots. So when and where did you serve in Vietnam? KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect