Virgin America will cancel your flight and keep your money BUYERBEWARE

Old December 20th, 2007, 03:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Dairy Godmother

Default Virgin America will cancel your flight and keep your money BUYERBEWARE

Just an average ****ed off citizen here. Thought I would give Virgin
America a chance as they were new and offered a decent price for a
first class ticket from SFO to JFK. Bad idea. We were to come home
this 12/30 at 1:30 PM on a nonstop, getting us into JFK at about 9
something at night. For no apparent reason (most seats were sold)
Virgin cancelled the flight and rebooked us, without asking, into
coach on a 7 AM flight!!!! I dont know about you, but your once a
year splurge does not involve a coach flight at 7 am. So, I got them
on the phone to admit to owing me a refund ( and not their awful
alternative) and that was ONE MONTH AGO. I called recently to
inquire, and was told the request had been put in but was being
reviewed by the finance department. WTF?? I'm getting the feeling
this airline has no clue what it is doing domestically, and their
operations are totally messed up. Who hasn't had an airline handle
this on the phone on the same call, same day? Its a no brainer. SO I
warn anyone considering Virgin America to PLEASE wait until they have
worked out the kinks operationally.
Old December 20th, 2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.travel.air
rieker

I called recently to
inquire, and was told the request had been put in but was being
reviewed by the finance department.

If you're gonna play the game, you gotta know the rules.

In this case, the rules are that you file a written claim with your
visa/mc/amex that details the problem.

Money talks, and the CC companies have it. And the airlines know that they
can take it away, too.

In this case, your CC company is your friend.

Talking to the airline is like telling your husband to pick up his socks.

Old December 20th, 2007, 01:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air
me[_5_]

On Dec 19, 10:35 pm, "rieker" wrote:
I called recently to
inquire, and was told the request had been put in but was being
reviewed by the finance department.

If you're gonna play the game, you gotta know the rules.

In this case, the rules are that you file a written claim with your
visa/mc/amex that details the problem.

'Zactly. I presume a CC was used, and if it wasn't, there's
"rule" #2. Truth is, I've never even been required to do it in
writing. Amex takes the initial claim over the phone and unless
the dispute elevates, it's over.
Old December 20th, 2007, 01:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"me" wrote:
"rieker" wrote:
In this case, the rules are that you file a written claim with
your visa/mc/amex that details the problem.

'Zactly. I presume a CC was used, and if it wasn't, there's
"rule" #2. Truth is, I've never even been required to do it
in writing. Amex takes the initial claim over the phone and
unless the dispute elevates, it's over.

Some CC's allow you to post a dispute online. I saw one
where they had little check boxes to pigeon-hole the nature
of the complaint.

Old December 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"Dairy Godmother" wrote in message
[...]

Book by Credit Card?

Ring the card company.

Didn't book by credit card?

You should know better...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old December 21st, 2007, 08:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Rog' wrote:
"me" wrote:

"rieker" wrote:

In this case, the rules are that you file a written claim with
your visa/mc/amex that details the problem.

'Zactly. I presume a CC was used, and if it wasn't, there's
"rule" #2. Truth is, I've never even been required to do it
in writing. Amex takes the initial claim over the phone and
unless the dispute elevates, it's over.

Some CC's allow you to post a dispute online. I saw one
where they had little check boxes to pigeon-hole the nature
of the complaint.

Right. It is fairly common for GC companies to be more flexible in
assisting you, then required by law. In the US, they are required by law
to take specific actions when you inform them in writing.