How much luggage is too much on the Underground?

Old September 14th, 2003, 10:05 AM
P J Wallace

Default How much luggage is too much on the Underground?

A lot depends on time of day. In the morning and afternoon commuter
timesots of people will be trying to get on as the train gets nearer
central London, and on and off when you get into the centre. You will
be the one in possession of the space, since you get on at the
beginning of the journey, but you may find getting out a bit stressful
if there are a lot of people. But people who use the Piccadilly Line
are used to people with lots of luggage. I've seen people struggling
with more than this. The Piccadilly Line trains do allow a bit more
space by the doors than other lines - you'd best pile it up by a
double-door so that you can get it off quickly when you get to your
station. At worst there may be a stern look or two and a bit of
tutting: this is all part of the London experience, and you'll
probably never see them again, so what the heck.

PJW
On 13 Sep 2003 08:45:19 -0700, (Fred) wrote:

Now that I've found out how to get out of the London Underground, I
better find out whether I can get or stay on! I'll be coming from
Heathrow Airport on the Picadilly Line with 2 suitcases and a small
carry-on bag. Is that too much to put on the underground car--or to
get off when I arrive at my station? Are there some cars on these
trains that have more room for luggage without getting in the way of
other passengers?

Thanks.

Fred