freeeeaked out flight cancelled

Old April 10th, 2008, 08:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default freeeeaked out flight cancelled

I wrote on here earlier about the flight safety thingy and my flight
got cancelled today. Now I am REALLY fahreeeaked out on flying. I hope
they sort this stuff out soon before a bad happens. Anyone else here
have a mess up flying this week???

Be safe,

Donna Richards
I fly a lot for music people
http://www.glennscottdavis.com
http://members.aol.com/rstudio190
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

"TMOliver" wrote in
:

wrote ...

I wrote on here earlier about the flight safety thingy and my flight
got cancelled today. Now I am REALLY fahreeeaked out on flying. I
hope they sort this stuff out soon before a bad happens. Anyone else
here have a mess up flying this week???

More or less, about 100,000 people today. AA owns and operates 300
MD80 a/c requiring an additional round of inspection for a potential
non-retracting nose gear problem and related factors. Tuesday
afternoon, AA pulled them all from service, resulting in many CNXed
flights, and a slow resumption of service as inspections are complete
and the a/c are "fed back" into the system, a slow multi-day process.

There's no point in attempting to fix blame, as it rests on both the
airline's and the FAA shoulders.

TMO

Forbes.com has a very interesting article on this today. The headline is
"FAA CYA?"

The ariticle can be found at:
http://tinyurl.com/3hek37

For those who don't trust the above link, the full link is:
http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/10/air...biz-logistics-
cx_tvr_0410airlines.html?partner=yahootix

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"TMOliver" wrote:

There's no point in attempting to fix blame, as it rests on both the
airline's and the FAA shoulders.

TMO

My understanding is that the latest round is a redo of a redo.
None of these are new directives and the most recent ones were related
to airworthiness directives the FAA gave them 18 months to implement.
Then FAA comes in, audits finds that they did not do it right, and makes
them do what they shoulda done in the first place.
Don't see where the FAA has any blame in this one. Also, nothing in
the press reports about inspectors getting cozy with the airline like
the hooha at Southwest.
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:kurtullman-
:

In article ,
"TMOliver" wrote:

There's no point in attempting to fix blame, as it rests on both the
airline's and the FAA shoulders.

TMO

My understanding is that the latest round is a redo of a redo.
None of these are new directives and the most recent ones were related
to airworthiness directives the FAA gave them 18 months to implement.
Then FAA comes in, audits finds that they did not do it right, and makes
them do what they shoulda done in the first place.
Don't see where the FAA has any blame in this one. Also, nothing in
the press reports about inspectors getting cozy with the airline like
the hooha at Southwest.

Or, more likely, the FAA found a piece of paperwork not filled out to their
satisfaction.

You are aware that by FAA rules, a pilot can fly an aircraft fro A to B,
let another pilot fly it from B to C and back, and the fly it from B to D
and the flights from A to B and B to D are in a perfectly airworthy
aircraft while for the flights from B to C and back the aircraft was not
airworthy? (At no time was the aircraft inspected by a mechanic nor any
mechanical changes made to the aircraft from the departure at A to the
arrival at D.)

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

AA canceled 7-8 or flights this morning..............the quickest
solution is to fly into another city and take another airline into
your destination if none are avaiable where you are.

----
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old April 10th, 2008, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Marty Shapiro wrote:

You are aware that by FAA rules, a pilot can fly an aircraft fro A to B,
let another pilot fly it from B to C and back, and the fly it from B to D
and the flights from A to B and B to D are in a perfectly airworthy
aircraft while for the flights from B to C and back the aircraft was not
airworthy? (At no time was the aircraft inspected by a mechanic nor any
mechanical changes made to the aircraft from the departure at A to the
arrival at D.)

Yep. I am also aware that this is hardly news to airlines that have
been paying attention. My only comment was that this was hardly a gotcha
moment for the airlines.
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

Kurt Ullman wrote in
:

In article ,
Marty Shapiro wrote:

You are aware that by FAA rules, a pilot can fly an aircraft fro A to
B, let another pilot fly it from B to C and back, and the fly it from
B to D and the flights from A to B and B to D are in a perfectly
airworthy aircraft while for the flights from B to C and back the
aircraft was not airworthy? (At no time was the aircraft inspected
by a mechanic nor any mechanical changes made to the aircraft from
the departure at A to the arrival at D.)

Yep. I am also aware that this is hardly news to airlines that have
been paying attention. My only comment was that this was hardly a
gotcha moment for the airlines.

I believe there is blame on both sides (airline, FAA), as the Forbes
article pointed out.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

wrote:
I wrote on here earlier about the flight safety thingy and my flight
got cancelled today. Now I am REALLY fahreeeaked out on flying.
I hope they sort this stuff out soon before a bad happens. Anyone
else here have a mess up flying this week???

I understand that, if you have a window seat in coach, they hand
you two exposed wires and tell you to put them together if the
engines start to sputter.

Old April 11th, 2008, 09:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JohnT[_3_]

wrote in message
I wrote on here earlier about the flight safety thingy and my flight
got cancelled today. Now I am REALLY fahreeeaked out on flying. I hope
they sort this stuff out soon before a bad happens. Anyone else here
have a mess up flying this week???

Be VERY pleased that you were not booked on a flight to or from LHR T5 in
the past few days. And you should be happy, not freeked out, that your
flight was cancelled if a safety issue was involved. The proof of that is
that you are still alive.
--

JohnT