Regal Princess

Old September 30th, 2005, 02:47 AM

Default Regal Princess

By now, a week from today, I should have cleared San Diego harbor and be
on my way for 10 days down to Mexico o the Regal Princess.

I love the excitement and anticipation high I get during the week before
I travel.

Thanks, Parnami, for your recommendation from a post where you said that
for the right itinerary and the right price you would jump through hoops
to book this ship. Two days after I read that post, I got an email from
Princess with a super special for the Regal to Mexico with a top
category outside stateroom (C115) for a bottom category pricing and
only a 40% single supplement. For me, that's he right price and after
three consecutive HAL cruises, I was looking for a little change of
pace.

Anticipation ........................... !

Cheers,
Daniel

Old October 3rd, 2005, 01:42 AM

Just checked the Princess website for my Oct.06 sailing on the Regal out
of San Diego and there are no changes or alerts regarding Hurricane
Otis, so far.

Yesterday, I finished all my last minute shopping and today I cleaned
the house, packed my carry-on size bag and programmed my VCR. All that's
left is two days of work, pack my big bag on Tuesday night and on
Wednesday I take Amtrak to Solano Beach to visit with friends in Del Mar
for a day and then Thursday, I set sail. Yeaaa!

Cheers,
Daniel

Regal Princess

Group: rec.travel.cruises Date: Thu, Sep 29, 2005, 6:47pm From:

Old October 3rd, 2005, 05:05 AM
Sean

Enjoy Daniel!

Old October 17th, 2005, 02:37 AM
AltoSax

Sean wrote:
Enjoy Daniel!

Just returned safe and sound from the 10 days to Mexico. Loved being on
this ship - the public rooms have a very appealng look to them for my
aesthetics.

Entertainment was much better than my previous recent HAL sailings but
the food paled in quality to my recent HAL experiences. So I am still
tossing the coin as to whether to sail the Ryndam or the Regal
Princess again on a trans Panama Canal itinerary next spring.

Cheers,
Daniel

Old October 17th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"AltoSax" wrote in message
oups.com...
Entertainment was much better than my previous recent HAL sailings but
the food paled in quality to my recent HAL experiences. So I am still
tossing the coin as to whether to sail the Ryndam or the Regal
Princess again on a trans Panama Canal itinerary next spring.

Daniel,
I would take the Ryndam because of its wrap around balcony..perfect for the
Panama Canal.

--Jean

Old October 23rd, 2005, 09:15 PM

On 16 Oct 2005 18:37:23 -0700, "AltoSax" wrote:

Sean wrote:
Enjoy Daniel!

Just returned safe and sound from the 10 days to Mexico. Loved being on
this ship - the public rooms have a very appealng look to them for my
aesthetics.

Entertainment was much better than my previous recent HAL sailings but
the food paled in quality to my recent HAL experiences. So I am still
tossing the coin as to whether to sail the Ryndam or the Regal
Princess again on a trans Panama Canal itinerary next spring.

Cheers,
Daniel

What I found annoying on Regal was the lack of good ouside forward
viewing space.

Also, at least on the recent Alaska cruise we took, there was almost
no late night comedy and indeed, not a lot of good comedy at all. The
"las vegas" style shows were fun but there just wasn't as much other
entertainment as I would have liked.

Alsom,t he ship felt just a tad "worn" or shabby..nothign specific
just a bit tired.

Also, I noticed there does not seem to be one single drinking fountain
*any*where on that ship and I looked. Maybe I missed one someplace
but it was sure annoying when I wanted a drink.

Jim P.