Socialized medicine Europe:UK news media admits NHS cancer survival rate lowest in Europe and all of Europe signifigantly worse than US due to early diagnosis in US

Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
P J O'donovan

Default Socialized medicine Europe:UK news media admits NHS cancer survival rate lowest in Europe and all of Europe signifigantly worse than US due to early diagnosis in US

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2296368.ece

From The Times

August 21, 2007

UK cancer survival rates are among the worst in Europe

Nigel Hawkes, Health Editor

Excerpts:

"Cancer patients in almost all European countries survive longer after
diagnosis than those in the UK. Only Eastern Europe does worse....

.....Countries that spend more on health generally do better,.....

.....Europe's survival rates are lower than in the US, where 66.3 per
cent of men and 62.9 per cent of women survive for five years,
compared with 47.3 per cent of European men and 55.8 per cent of
women. These figures may represent earlier diagnosis."

but, but ,but the US spends more per capita on health care than any
European country with European unworkable socialized medicine schemes.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
me[_5_]

On Aug 23, 9:10 am, P J O'donovan wrote:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2296368.ece

From The Times

August 21, 2007

UK cancer survival rates are among the worst in Europe

Nigel Hawkes, Health Editor

Excerpts:

"Cancer patients in almost all European countries survive longer after
diagnosis than those in the UK. Only Eastern Europe does worse....

....Countries that spend more on health generally do better,.....

....Europe's survival rates are lower than in the US, where 66.3 per
cent of men and 62.9 per cent of women survive for five years,
compared with 47.3 per cent of European men and 55.8 per cent of
women. These figures may represent earlier diagnosis."

but, but ,but the US spends more per capita on health care than any
European country with European unworkable socialized medicine schemes.

I believe the technical expression is "data swamping". Great way of
abusing statistics.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:15:36 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 06:10:04 -0700, P J O'donovan wrote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2296368.ece

From The Times

August 21, 2007

UK cancer survival rates are among the worst in Europe

Nigel Hawkes, Health Editor

Excerpts:

"Cancer patients in almost all European countries survive longer after
diagnosis than those in the UK. Only Eastern Europe does worse....

....Countries that spend more on health generally do better,.....

....Europe's survival rates are lower than in the US, where 66.3 per
cent of men and 62.9 per cent of women survive for five years,
compared with 47.3 per cent of European men and 55.8 per cent of
women. These figures may represent earlier diagnosis."

but, but ,but the US spends more per capita on health care than any
European country with European unworkable socialized medicine schemes.

as was explained over and over again on the radio. The figures are from the
1990s and are being compared to figures from the last five years.

The Times is a Murdoch comic and not the serious newspaper it was before he
bought it.
--

So what are they now then?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:15:36 +0200, Martin wrote:

but, but ,but the US spends more per capita on health care than any
European country with European unworkable socialized medicine schemes.

as was explained over and over again on the radio. The figures are from the
1990s and are being compared to figures from the last five years.

The Times is a Murdoch comic and not the serious newspaper it was before he
bought it.

Maybe this response is more accurate?

Just caught up on my T2 reading from August 20, 2007. I was disgusted
with the way that the elderly man was treated in hospital in the
article, "Dad deserved dignity, not this". My 21 year old son was in
hospital for one week last year. I was able to visit him at all
opportunities and I witnessed a very disturbing event.
An older lady had broken her neck, and was lying in a room by herself.
My son told me that she had been shouting for the nurse all night .
When I was visiting she was still shouting for the nurse and I was
alarmed that they didn't respond. They were all collecting around the
station talking. They deliberatelly and spitefully did not respond to
see what was wrong and to give her a kind word. The nurses became very
buisy when they saw me watching them in the corridor.
I was very upset at the nurses behaviour.
So, just pray that you have the time to spend with your parent if they
should have to go into hospital.

Janette Leung, bangor, Wales
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:37:17 GMT,
(John Kulp) wrote:

[...]

No comment needed:
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/233876.html

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:01 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:37:04 +1000, Alan S wrote:

[...]

Both have their problems don't they? In any case, a few people
thought the story was worth commenting on, as their are about 15 pages
worth after the article.
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ribka

On 24 Aug, 01:01, (John Kulp) wrote:
[...]

Three British troops have been killed in Afghanistan by so-called
friendly fire, the Ministry of Defence has said.

The MoD said the soldiers, from 1st Battalion The Royal Anglian
Regiment, were killed at around 1830 local time (1500 BST) on
Thursday.

It is understood the soldiers died when US fighter planes, called to
support ground troops, dropped a bomb near their patrol in Helmand
province.

Old August 24th, 2007, 03:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 06:20:55 -0700, Ribka
wrote:

No comment needed:
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/233876.html

Both have their problems don't they? In any case, a few people
thought the story was worth commenting on, as their are about 15 pages
worth after the article.

Three British troops have been killed in Afghanistan by so-called
friendly fire, the Ministry of Defence has said.

The MoD said the soldiers, from 1st Battalion The Royal Anglian
Regiment, were killed at around 1830 local time (1500 BST) on
Thursday.

It is understood the soldiers died when US fighter planes, called to
support ground troops, dropped a bomb near their patrol in Helmand
province.

And this has what to do with the thread?
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ribka

and this thread had **** all to do with european travel......