With Global Warming A Fact....

Old February 7th, 2007, 04:59 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

Default With Global Warming A Fact/Arcosanti

"Joey Jolley" wrote in message
We'll also be living in Arcosanti and cities like it.
On 2007-02-06 00:24:50 -0500, (Nile) said:

You can tell that man-made global warming is a scientific fact by the
way Democratic politicians insist it's a scientific fact. That's how
science works, you know.

You might try listening to the scientsts. They know it, too.

Which ones? The ones who signed the Kyoto Agreement? I doubt there was one
with a degree in the Hard Sciences in the group.

Old February 7th, 2007, 05:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.urban-transit
Jack May

Default With Global Warming A Fact....

"Deeply Filled Mortician" wrote
in message ...
Let is be knownst that on Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:54:20 -0800, "Jack May"
writted:

"Jacqueline" wrote in message
. ..
On 3 Feb 2007 06:39:04 -0800, "Beavis and Butt-Head"
wrote:

I think auto travel will end in all cities around the world,
especially in Europe and in Jerusalem, Israel.

The US takes 25% of the pullution in the world! And they refuse to
sign the Kyoto Protocol!!!!!!!!!!!

The estimates are that technology will allow the US to cut its CO2
emissions
by 60% to 80% . Kyoto with its mainly conservation and anti-technology
biases will be lucky to cut CO2 by more than a percent or two.

First sentence, bull****. Second, about right.

What technology could possibly reduce CO2 emmisions that much?

The technology is things like genetic engineering to produce microbes that
turn cellulose waste into alcohol or hydrogen would possible be distributed
as metallic fuels which can store far more energy per cubic foot than
hydrogen by itself.

Nanosolar is producing quantum dot on thing plastics to make solar energy
far cheaper. Being funded by a lot money including the two guys that
started Google.

Of course nuclear is on going to be pushed heavily .

It is amazing what cant be done when very smart people are combined with
lots of money. Kyoto is missing those key ingredients.

Old February 7th, 2007, 05:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.urban-transit
Jack May

"Runge" wrote in message
Good for a start : you think !

Interesting fact is that as driving increases, the pollution from
automobiles continues to drop rapidly
http://www.highways.org/Mar06-speake...chwartz.ppt#15

The reason is that as cars are driven more, they wear out faster and are
replaced with newer cars. Pollution levels in cars is dropping quickly
with pollution technology in cars continues to improve quickly.

Of course even if people actually ever use transit very much, the pollution
levels would be higher because older cars with higher pollution levels would
not be replaced as quickly as now.

news: ...

Old February 7th, 2007, 05:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.urban-transit
Jack May

"Joey Jolley" wrote in message
I stand by what I said. Soon all cities in the world will be car-free.

But who cares. You will probably be killed by gang members using transit
at the same time you are on board.

Old February 7th, 2007, 06:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bill Z.

"Jack May" writes:

It is amazing what cant be done when very smart people are combined with
lots of money. Kyoto is missing those key ingredients.

Kyoto has both very smart people and a lot of money. You should visit
the place!

Seriously, trying to shorten the title of the agreement to just
"Kyoto" is just asking to be misunderstood. :-)

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.urban-transit
Deeply Filled Mortician

Let is be knownst that on Tue, 6 Feb 2007 21:43:31 -0800, "Jack May"
writted:

wrote:

[...]

I still don't know where you got that 60% - 80% number.

I'm not quite so confident that technology will provide us with
something bigger and better in the future. Whenever I talk to people
about the 'end of oil' there always seems to be this "science will
hopefully fix it" line coming out. I find it a bit unnerving that hope
is the current strategy.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old February 7th, 2007, 01:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-02-06 23:59:17 -0500, "Calif Bill" said:

Which ones? The ones who signed the Kyoto Agreement? I doubt there
was one with a degree in the Hard Sciences in the group.

The ones that published just a few days ago.

Old February 7th, 2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.urban-transit
David Nebenzahl

Deeply Filled Mortician spake thus:

Let is be knownst that on Tue, 6 Feb 2007 21:43:31 -0800, "Jack May"
writted:

"Deeply Filled Mortician" wrote
in message ...

Let is be knownst that on Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:54:20 -0800, "Jack May"
writted:

m...

wrote:

[...]

Pulled it out of his ass, as per usual.

--
Don't talk to me, those of you who must need to be slammed in the
forehead with a maul before you'll GET IT that Wikipedia is a

It is a WASTE OF TIME.

- Harlan Ellison, writing on the "talk page" of his Wikipedia article
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Harlan_Ellison)
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bolwerk

Jack May wrote:
"Joey Jolley" wrote in message
I stand by what I said. Soon all cities in the world will be car-free.

But who cares. You will probably be killed by gang members using transit
at the same time you are on board.

Just like how you'll get killed in a drive-by.
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bolwerk

Jack May wrote:
It is amazing what cant be done when very smart people are combined with
lots of money.

This is a typical example of a Jack May Freudian slip.