Why do people live in Florida?

Old September 11th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Look, his family were guards not prisoners.

Stoobie wrote:
Thank God for that, there's already too many people there!

Lol, someone from GEORGIA talking about white trash!?!?

8)

"ivy_mike" wrote in message
om...

"William Brackeen" wrote in message

.com...

See my answer to No. 1.

rest snipped for space

I agree with just about everything Pete said. As far as humidity,
being a native Georgian, I know heat and humidity, but FL is WORSE!
Once you get away from ocean or gulf breezes, it's almost always
like a friggin' sauna down there (except of course during dry periods
during winter). Plus, you have (near the ocean or gulf) all that
salt in the air that can add to the misery and deposits of salt

everywhere.

Biting insects? The place can be a living hell. Worse than just about
anywhere I can imagine in the U.S.

White trash? FL has got to be one of the biggest magnets in America for
the raggedly-ass set. It's because of the warmth and the fact that the
state has nearly one big shoreline as a border. People like that
are attracted to places like this. I've visited FL quite a few times,
but I sure as hell would never want to live there. Never.

--
Regards, IM

Old September 11th, 2004, 09:29 PM
HoTShoT

"Stoobie" ten.tsacmoc@4zboots wrote in message
Thank God for that, there's already too many people there!

Lol, someone from GEORGIA talking about white trash!?!?

Florida is the melting pot for the cream of the crop white trash from all
the southern states, plus the decedents of the prisoners in Cuba Castro let
out of prison that made it to Florida in the 70's. They talk about mobile
home parks in Georgia/Tennessee/Kentucky, but I think Florida has more
trailer parks per capita than any state and it's in a freaking weather war
zone. At least the mobile homes in the other states don't get the roofs
peeled off like a aluminum can top!

B.O.

Old September 11th, 2004, 11:29 PM
AC

Babies aren't born killers.

Society shapes them into killers. The people doing the execution are
exercising diffusion of responsibility when relying on state-sponsored
execution. A better bet would be to address the real problem, not the
symptom of it...

"Tutor" wrote in message

Terry Gowan wrote:

Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and ice storms. They're all useful

in
cleaing out the gene pool. The people I least understand are the
Californians that re-build their homes on the side of a mud-sliding
mountain.

Terry Gowan

Not to mention having the nation's 3rd largest death row
population. THat should help filter the gene pool abit. Although
it doesn't seem to work in Texas

---

Old September 11th, 2004, 11:49 PM
eüphemism

"AC" wrote in message
Babies aren't born killers.

In the nature versus nurture debate, there are many examples of people
surviving bad environments and there is steadily mounting evidence of
genetic predispositions that no amount of socialization or cultural pressure
seems to deflect. Ted Bundy was a terrific example of a "born killer."

Old September 12th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Gunner

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:29:34 GMT, "AC" wrote:

Babies aren't born killers.

Society shapes them into killers. The people doing the execution are
exercising diffusion of responsibility when relying on state-sponsored
execution. A better bet would be to address the real problem, not the
symptom of it...

Actually..some are. These are called sociopaths or psychopaths.
Damaged goods.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Old September 12th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Christina

As someone who has lived in California 23 of the 35 years of my life I
think I can explain it. (I was in hurricaine andrew as well as the 89
earthquake in the bay area) Hurricaines you can see coming. You CAN
get away. You can LIVE. Earthquakes sneak up on you. Your just laying
there one day, and boom! your world is destroyed (Try that when your
11 years old!) Hurricaines let you get away, screw some of your stuff
if you have to. ITS JUST STUFF! All my life I have wanted to live in
florida because they do not have earthquakes. Believe me, dont knock a
hurricaine until youve been throuigh one. Try an earthquake....youll
take the hurricaine, I promise you. In the easrthquake of 1989 I saw
my mother almost die (she ran outside when it happened and was almost
crushed by our falling chimney, my father pulled her out). I lost my
house. I lost everyTHING i had as a child. I feel if there is a
hurricaine coming, do your best to get your stuff, But at least YOU
can be saved. Its not a suprise. So I choose florida. Right now Im
going to Texas, so Im halfway there. Thanks for listening
Old September 12th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Terry Gowan

"AC" wrote in message

Babies aren't born killers.

Society shapes them into killers.

If Society is responsible for shaping babies into killers, why don't we have
more killers? Does Society single out a few babies for this shaping
process? Is there some kind of entrance exam for babies to take in order to
get into the right programs?

My heart bleeds for kids who have a-holes for parents, or no parents at all
and spend their entire childhoods in orphanages or in and out of crappy
foster homes. Abuse is a difficult thing to overcome. But, as an adult,
every killer or criminal makes his or her own choices. And when one of them
kills one of your family members, come talk to me about the method by which
you want to see them executed.

Terry Gowan

Old September 12th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Gunner

On 11 Sep 2004 20:10:53 -0700,
(Christina) wrote:

[...]

Shrug..I lost my entire house in the Coalinga Earthquake. I moved 90
miles away. Not because I was afraid of earthquakes, but because I
took a better job.

If you live your life afraid of earthquakes, etc etc..it would be
ironic if you were run over by a bus.