Live in Europe?

Old July 21st, 2004, 01:09 PM
jm

Default Live in Europe?

Switzerland is wonderful but is a bit expensive even for me. It was
actually one of my first thoughts.

john

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:55:33 +0200, Thomas Stalder
wrote:

a.spencer3 wrote:

But it surely does depend on *what* you want.
Climate?

- Switzerland

Economy?

- Switzerland

All mod cons?

No idea what this means

Wonderful people?

- Switzerland

History?

- Switzerland

Scenery?

- Switzerland again

Very unfortunately, they don't all tend to come in the same package!

Sure?
Maybe, because of point 3, you're right. I don't know.

Aloha
Thomas :-)

Old July 21st, 2004, 01:11 PM
jm

I too have found that Switzerland is much more friendly over all than
Austria -- other than maybe the fabulous concierge at Hotel
Sacher----but then he was probably hoping for a big tip.

john

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:17:31 +0200, Thomas Stalder
wrote:

Luca Logi wrote:

Anything you can find in Switzerland, it can be found in Austria as
well, at a lower price and with more flowers around it

Very very true!
But when it comes to nice people (and I refere to myself :-)), than
it's still Switzerland.

Aloha
Thomas

Old July 21st, 2004, 01:14 PM
jm

The only reason to go into a Mcdonalds in Europe anyway is to use the
toilet facilities while you are out walking and seeing the sights.

Thomas, I take it that you live in Zurich? I absolutely ADORE your
city. I have travelled there many times and absolutely NEVER grow
tired of it!

john

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:38:47 +0200, Thomas Stalder
wrote:

a.spencer3 wrote:

Starbuck's I included - not! A little spot I like in Spain is currently
fighting off Macdonald's!
(Reminds me of the new Macdonald's I saw in Luxor of all places, with a
burger costing 5 times a local snack. I heard they closed down. Hardly
surprising.).

The first McDonalds in Zurich even got attacked (shortly before opening)
with a molotow coctail and burnt out. Very rare that such stuff happens
for such reasons, here in Zurich. The KFC on the opposite side of the
road closed one year after opening. Not enough clients.

Mc Donalds today are found everywhere here.
KFC not.

Old July 21st, 2004, 01:15 PM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:03:59 GMT, jm wrote:

Magda baby needs to take a long rest and a few pills.

john

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:23:40 GMT, "Tim Kroesen"
wrote:

You will note Magda's long standing and abusive anti-Americanism on this
NG and ignore her... She's just a troll.

You think Magda is bad, you should see Marie's posts.

--
Tim C.
Old July 21st, 2004, 01:17 PM
jm

Never said that I did not know where I would like to live. I asked a
question and was hoping for reasonable replies.

Yours does not fit.

john

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:13:23 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

jm writes:

If you wanted to move from the USA to Europe, which top three
countries would you consider?

If you don't know where in Europe you want to live, why do you want to
move?

Old July 21st, 2004, 01:18 PM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:11:34 GMT, jm wrote:

I too have found that Switzerland is much more friendly over all than
Austria -- other than maybe the fabulous concierge at Hotel
Sacher----but then he was probably hoping for a big tip.

If you judge Austria by Vienna, then any Austrian would agree with you
(except the Viennese, of course).

Personally I find them very similar. More or less the same as everywhere
else.
--
Tim C.
Old July 21st, 2004, 01:19 PM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:01:01 GMT, jm wrote:

True---but I don't see anything at all to be enjoyed about it.

john

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:52:40 +0200, Tim Challenger
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:23:26 GMT, jm wrote:

No use in trying to make trouble friend. ...

I don't know. Mxmanic does pretty well to the enjoyment of many here.
--
Tim C.

Some of us find it amusing.
--