Spring breaks in Europe & USA

Old October 8th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Sjoerd

Default Spring breaks in Europe & USA

"mrtravel" schreef in bericht
om...
Peter L wrote:

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Casey" schreef in bericht
hlink.net...

Do European schools have week-long spring breaks for college
students similar to American schools? If so, when will these breaks
be in 2004?

When is spring break in the USA in 2004? I realize that it spans
a 2-3 week period, but maybe most universities & colleges picked
the same week.

Don't know for other European countries, but here in the Netherlands

there
is normally a one to two week break around Easter.

Do students in Europe go on wild beach parties during the spring break?

No, most European students realize that partying can go on year round.

LOL. When I was a student my schedule was more or less as follows. (we had
three exam periods per year in November, February and June)

January: party and study for February exams
February: study for and do exams
March: party
April: party
May: party and study for June exams
June: study for and do exams
July: work to make money for holiday, party after work
August: summer holiday BIG PARTY
September: party
October: party and study for November exams
November: study for and do exams
December: END OF YEAR BIG party.

Sjoerd

Old October 9th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Mark Hewitt

"Hilary" wrote in message
Do European schools have week-long spring breaks for college
students similar to American schools? If so, when will these breaks
be in 2004?

In the UK, schools break for 1-3 weeks around Easter. (If Easter is very
early or very late, though, some of these holidays don't actually
encompass Easter itself.) So basically around mid March to late April.

My school was always the week before and the week after Easter Sunday, every
year. I believe other schools in England were the same.

Old October 9th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Mark Hewitt" wrote:

"Hilary" wrote in message
Do European schools have week-long spring breaks for college
students similar to American schools? If so, when will these breaks
be in 2004?

In the UK, schools break for 1-3 weeks around Easter. (If Easter is very
early or very late, though, some of these holidays don't actually
encompass Easter itself.) So basically around mid March to late April.

My school was always the week before and the week after Easter Sunday, every
year. I believe other schools in England were the same.

mine was almost or about 4 weeks.
Old October 10th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Giorgos Ilias

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:15:22 GMT, "Casey" had the
nerve to write:

Do European schools have week-long spring breaks for college
students similar to American schools? If so, when will these breaks
be in 2004?

In Greece it's 2 weeks around Easter for schools and universities alike.

--
Giorgos
Old October 12th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Me

In article . net,
"Casey" wrote:

Do European schools have week-long spring breaks for college
students similar to American schools? If so, when will these breaks
be in 2004?

When is spring break in the USA in 2004? I realize that it spans
a 2-3 week period, but maybe most universities & colleges picked
the same week.

In the United States, the spring break period usually begins two weeks
before Easter and ends about two weeks after Easter. I haven't the
slightest idea about which particular week is more common. Unless you're
planning to visit one of the relatively small beach communities that's
popular with the college crowd, I don't think its worth planning your
trip around spring break.
Old October 12th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Miguel Cruz

Me wrote:
In the United States, the spring break period usually begins two weeks
before Easter and ends about two weeks after Easter.

Though easter moves all over the calendar, while colleges tend to have their
spring break at the same time every year.

miguel