Batteries in laggage at Zagreb airport

Old October 12th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Robert W. Mitchell

Default Batteries in laggage at Zagreb airport

I am travelling from Houston to Zagreb and return on Lufthansa, via
Frankfort. The web site for the Zagreb airport says, "for faster
check-thru please take the batteries out of your electronic devices and
baggage". I'm assuming Lufthansa will allow me to check my suitcase
containing clock, camera, etc. with batteries in them from Houston to
Zagreb - but what about the return? Will I really have to hand carry
the batteries when I check in at the Zagreb airport for the return?
Bob M.

Old October 12th, 2003, 08:26 PM

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:40:47 GMT, "Robert W. Mitchell"
wrote:

I am travelling from Houston to Zagreb and return on Lufthansa, via
Frankfort. The web site for the Zagreb airport says, "for faster
check-thru please take the batteries out of your electronic devices and
baggage". I'm assuming Lufthansa will allow me to check my suitcase
containing clock, camera, etc. with batteries in them from Houston to
Zagreb - but what about the return? Will I really have to hand carry
the batteries when I check in at the Zagreb airport for the return?
Bob M.

I don't know about Zagreb, but they have similar rules at the Chennai,
India (MAA) airport. I dutifully removed all the batteries when I flew
MAA - DEL. When I returned, and when I flew MAA - LHR, I didn't
bother, and I observed no difference. No one said anything to me or
searched my bags as a consequence.