Help! Need Recommendation: NC Outer Banks RE Agent for Rentals

Old October 10th, 2008, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default Help! Need Recommendation: NC Outer Banks RE Agent for Rentals

"Alfred Barnhard" wrote in message
We are planning to go to the NC outer banks next summer, We have
never been there, and will need to rent a beach house or cottage. Can
anyone recommend a reliable real estate agent? Specific location is
open. Thanks in advance.
Al B

We've only ever used hotel/motels, but have this link for you - pick your
area:

http://www.visitnc.com/tools_vacation_ideas_realty.asp

Otherwise just do a yahoo, Google search for " outer banks rental " and
you'll get many

Old October 11th, 2008, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bert Hyman

In Alfred Barnhard
wrote:

We are planning to go to the NC outer banks next summer, We have
never been there, and will need to rent a beach house or cottage. Can
anyone recommend a reliable real estate agent? Specific location is
open. Thanks in advance.

The various regions of OBX each have a couple of specialty realtors
which handle that area best.

You might try http://www.cyberrentals.com/ which is an aggregator which
will allow you to see properties offered by lots of different agencies.
The properties usually include links to the actual agent's Web site, so
you can check them out yourself.

I've been down there a few times in the past several years, but the
rentals have always been handled by my sister, so I'm not certain what
agent she used. We stayed in Corolla 'til last year, which is at the
very northern end of OBX. Last time down we stayed in Duck which is
farther south. It has more restaurants and shops but is also more
crowded.

http://www.resortrealty.com/index.htm
http://www.resortquestouterbanks.com/

are two places that I remember.

Try

http://www.outerbanks.com/
and
http://www.obx.com/

for info about the area and links to other rental agencies.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old October 11th, 2008, 03:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

I asked around and DO know some folks that go there.
I asked them for info and am awaiting their info
I'll reply here when I get it - in case you still need it.

"Alfred Barnhard" wrote in message
Thank you both for your suggestions. As you could gather from my
post, I and members of my family have had some bad experiences with
rentals in far away places, sight unseen. To try to increase the odds
of selecting someone off the internet who is reliable and trustworthy,
it occurred to me to check the website of the association of Outer
Banks realtors. There I got the names and agencies of realtors
serving on the various committees. Someone active in the professional
association might be more trustworthy. Thanks again for giving me the
benefit of your experience.
Al B

Old October 11th, 2008, 04:41 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
I asked around and DO know some folks that go there.
I asked them for info and am awaiting their info
I'll reply here when I get it - in case you still need it.

Here's what I got from annual renters there about rental agents they have
used:

"Resort Quest is one of them and Brindley is the other one."

Old October 13th, 2008, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alfred Barnhard

Hello Bobb --

We have a hit! Doug Brindley chairs the Legislative Committee of the
Outer Banks Association of Realtors. He should be about as reliable
and reputable as they come. That is a great piece of information you
dug up and I certainly appreciate it.

I'll also take a look at ResortQuest.

Thanks for your help.

Al B.