Invitation to take university online survey of tourist experiences inThailand

Old October 20th, 2008, 08:52 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Invitation to take university online survey of tourist experiences inThailand

INVITATION TO TAKE UNIVERSITY ONLINE SURVEY OF TOURIST EXPERIENCES IN
THAILAND

Have you visited Thailand as a tourist? If so, you are invited to
take an anonymous survey conducted by the University of New South
Wales in Australia. The study looks at tourist experiences in Thailand
(positive and negative), images of Thailand before and after visiting,
tourist impacts, and a few other issues. The survey will take only
about 10 minutes to fill out. A summary and analysis of responses will
be posted when it is complete.

If you would like to participate, please go to this link:

http://education.arts.unsw.edu.au/Th...ristsurvey.htm

Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"Brian K" wrote in message
m...
On 10/20/2008 3:52 AM did a "happy dance", then made
these writings:
INVITATION TO TAKE UNIVERSITY ONLINE SURVEY OF TOURIST EXPERIENCES IN
THAILAND

Have you visited Thailand as a tourist? If so, you are invited to
take an anonymous survey conducted by the University of New South
Wales in Australia. The study looks at tourist experiences in Thailand
(positive and negative), images of Thailand before and after visiting,
tourist impacts, and a few other issues. The survey will take only
about 10 minutes to fill out. A summary and analysis of responses will
be posted when it is complete.

If you would like to participate, please go to this link:

http://education.arts.unsw.edu.au/Th...ristsurvey.htm

I didn't know that Thailand was a town in the USA or Canada.

Well that's a problem then, isn't it? Who cares what you don't know? This
response has been made way too many times over way too many years to have
any point behind it.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_2_]

On 10/22/2008 7:42 PM K did a "happy dance", then made these writings:
"Brian K" wrote in message
[...]

Mary that's sarcasm. This newsgroup's charter designates it for
discussion about travel in the USA or Canada. While it may be an
unmoderated group, it's good netiquette to be on topic. A survey about
travel in Thailand is netiquetticly rude.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

m...
"Brian K" wrote in message
[...]

More effective than just being sarcastic is to complain to the
powers-that-be. To do that, look at the net headers of the post for a
"Complain to" email address. No special form or format is needed - just
make sure that when you send your complaint that you do include those net
headers. The net headers can be obtained by (in IE) clicking "File,"
"Properties," and then "Details" I just copy all those headers, forward
the original offending post, paste the headers on the top of the forwarded
post, copy/paste the "Complain to" email address to the "To:" address line
of the forwarded post, and then click "Send."

Does it work? Well, all those "cmsg cancel" posts I do believe are the
results of such complaints. And of course - the more such complaints, the
more credible the complaints.

Old October 24th, 2008, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_2_]

On 10/23/2008 11:47 AM Lawrence Akutagawa did a "happy dance", then
made these writings:
m...

"Brian K" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this option.

--
________
Old October 25th, 2008, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Brian K" wrote in message
m...
On 10/23/2008 11:47 AM Lawrence Akutagawa did a "happy dance", then made
these writings:

/snip - follow the thread/

More effective than just being sarcastic is to complain to the
powers-that-be. To do that, look at the net headers of the post for a
"Complain to" email address. No special form or format is needed - just
make sure that when you send your complaint that you do include those net
headers. The net headers can be obtained by (in IE) clicking "File,"
"Properties," and then "Details" I just copy all those headers, forward
the original offending post, paste the headers on the top of the
forwarded post, copy/paste the "Complain to" email address to the "To:"
address line of the forwarded post, and then click "Send."

Does it work? Well, all those "cmsg cancel" posts I do believe are the
results of such complaints. And of course - the more such complaints,
the more credible the complaints.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this option.

Evidence that such complaining does work - I complained as described to the
"Complaints to" addressee on the post "Resort rates going down in Caribbean
because of financial meltdown?" here in rec.travel.usa-canada. Shortly
thereafter, I received an email stating:

"this is not an abuse for me. which is your problem about this article?"

This receipt indicates - to me at least - that such complaints are
effective. And in another newsgroup - rec.equipment.large-format that I
frequent (and where I learned of this complaint process) we as a group have
together over time weeded out such non-relevant posts.

My response to this "this is not an abuse for me..." was straightforward -

"Very simple and basic - newsgroup in which you posted is
rec.travel.usa-canada. Make a cogent, reasoned, concise, and logical
argument that the Caribbean is in either country and I'll make a public
apology in that newsgroup. If you have any doubt as to the location of the
Caribbean as versus either country....consult a good geographical resource."

Old October 26th, 2008, 06:27 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default Invitation to take university online survey of touristexperien...

"Alan Follett" wrote in message
(Lawrence Akutagawa) wrote:

snip

My response to this "this is not an abuse
for me..." was straightforward -

"Very simple and basic - newsgroup in
which you posted is
rec.travel.usa-canada. Make a cogent
, reasoned, concise, and logical
argument that the Caribbean is in either
country and I'll make a public apology in
that newsgroup. If you have any doubt
as to the location of the Caribbean as
versus either country....consult a good
geographical resource."

Without too much of a stretch, the poster could point out that Puerto
Rico and the US Virgin Islands are both US territory, and both in the
Carribean.

ah yes - the infamous inclusion/exclusion argument. If the poster had meant
sole inclusion of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands to the exclusion of
all those non USA and non Canadian locales in the Carribean, he certainly
could have well said so in his post. And had he done so in his post, then I
certainly would not have complained. But I respectfully submit that he did
not do so in his post. And in not doing so in his post, he has not excluded
all those non USA and non Canadian locales...has he?