Things to see around Las Vegas

Old October 4th, 2008, 05:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
asdf3b

Default Things to see around Las Vegas

Greetings! What are the things to see around Las Vegas i.e National
Parks, Great places to photograph? With thanks.
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Stefan Patric[_2_]

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 09:29:28 -0700, asdf3b wrote:

Greetings! What are the things to see around Las Vegas i.e National
Parks, Great places to photograph? With thanks.

Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Valley of Fire, Mt.
Charleston and Lee Canyon, Hoover Dam, of course--Take the tour. If you
have the time: Death Valley--eat at and look around the Furnace Creek
Inn, Scotty's Castle, etc. And in Utah: Zion Park, Cedar Breaks National
Monument and the surrounding plateau (it's over 9000' above sea level),
drive up to Brain Head Peak--about 12,000'--nice views, and Bryce Canyon
National Park.

Allow 1 day each for the Death Valley and Utah trips. I suggest leaving
at First Light to maximize your time.

Stef
Old October 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
KGB

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 09:29:28 -0700 (PDT), asdf3b
wrote:

Greetings! What are the things to see around Las Vegas i.e National
Parks, Great places to photograph? With thanks.

Hi

If you want to do something completely "different", you could always
go and look at the US Nevada Nuclear test site. You can find tour
dates at http://www.nv.doe.gov/nts/tours.htm. Don't forget to pack
your lead underwear though. 8^)

Quite seriously, this is one tour from Las Vegas that my wife and I
would like to take, but unfortunately the available dates never seem
to coincide with our frequent vacations to that part of the world.

We did once visit Trinity Ground Zero (site of the World's first
atomic explosion) in New Mexico and found that quite fascinating and
very thought provoking, but rather bizarrely, it was quite difficult
to get to the monument commemorating the blast due to coachloads of
grinning Japanese tourists all wanting to have their photo taken at
the actual "epicentre". Very strange!!!!!!

Regards
KGB

Old October 5th, 2008, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

wrote:

[...]

That *does* sound quite interesting. Normally one would think that a test
site like that would just be "a big hole in the ground."

Old October 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

"asdf3b" wrote in message
Greetings! What are the things to see around Las Vegas i.e National
Parks, Great places to photograph? With thanks.

a better place to ask /look (via groups.Google.com),
might be THIS newsgroup:

alt.vacation.las-vegas

it's asked all the time.

Old October 7th, 2008, 02:19 PM
cathywoody cathywoody is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf3b View Post
Greetings! What are the things to see around Las Vegas i.e National
Parks, Great places to photograph? With thanks.
Azure Mermaid Show
Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World
"Bugsy" Segal Memorial
Coffee Roasters of Las Vegas
Dancing Fountain at the Bellagio
Flamingo Hilton Wildlife Habitat
Fremont Street
Hard Rock Cafe
Lion Habitat at MGM Grand
Star Trek

...these are some of the places that attract me a lot.... Hope this will also be a great place for you to take photographs.