Florida: I need to hire a car for one week. I look for info

Old October 30th, 2008, 02:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AroundTheWorld

Default Florida: I need to hire a car for one week. I look for info

Hi, I'd like to reach Florida and I will need a car. Could you tell me
a reliable but not very expensive agency? I will have to hire a car
for one week. Is it better to hire it at airport? But will it more
expensive?
thanks for your info.
Old October 30th, 2008, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jochen Kriegerowski[_2_]

"AroundTheWorld" schrieb

Hi, I'd like to reach Florida and I will need a car. Could you tell me
a reliable but not very expensive agency?

You should look at www.bnm.com and enter your dates. Then you get
the lowest rates from the major companies, as well as smaller local ones.

You are from Italy (at least according to your e-mail address)? If you
are an ACI member, you will get a discount on Hertz rental rates!

Hiring at the airport usually is a bit more expensive than at off airport
agencies, but saves you the hassle, time and cost to get to and from the
airport.

Saluti
Jochen
Old October 30th, 2008, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"AroundTheWorld" wrote:
Hi, I'd like to reach Florida and I will need a car. Could you tell me
a reliable but not very expensive agency? I will have to hire a car
for one week. Is it better to hire it at airport? But will it more
expensive?

The airport is slightly more expensive. Airport agencies pay a fee
to the airport authority for the convenience. But the cost of taking
a taxi to and from a city lot likely offset whatever you save on the
rental.

However, if you can wait and pick up the car after checking into a
hotel, some city-based agencies will bring a car to your hotel and
drop you off after you return the car. The most prominent is
Enterprise (www.enterprise.com). Avis does this in select places
(www.avis.com).

I suggest that you check out prices thru a meta-search website
like www.kayak.com or www.sidestep.com . .

Old October 30th, 2008, 08:50 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

AroundTheWorld wrote:
Hi, I'd like to reach Florida and I will need a car. Could you tell me
a reliable but not very expensive agency? I will have to hire a car
for one week. Is it better to hire it at airport? But will it more
expensive?
thanks for your info.

If going to Florida during high season (November to January) then
getting a local rental from a suburban Enterprise office can be far, far
cheaper than renting at the airport. The agencies at the airport will be
charging very high rates to tourists, in addition to the airport surcharges.

The local Enterprise offices are renting mainly to local people, often
through car dealer service departments, and they can be 1/3 the price.

The problem is arranging transportation close enough to a suburban
Enterprise location, and the hours that Enterprise is open at these
locations. You have to pick up and drop off on weekdays during typical
business hours, i.e. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.. These smaller offices typically
aren't open on weekends.

At airports with good public transit systems you can get to a station
close to a suburban Enterprise location pretty cheaply, and then rent
from them (as long as it's not on the weekend or at night or on a holiday).

Check out the Entertainment coupon books for coupons for Enterprise.
These saved me a bundle on my last Enterprise rental (an airport
rental). They have coupons that are good only at non-airport locations
too. For some of the discounts you need to present the physical coupon,
for some you can just provide the coupon code.

Remember, the prices from Enterprise vary greatly between their airport
locations and their remote locations.

Old October 31st, 2008, 07:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_86_]

Default scRunge: I need to hire a car for one week. I look for info

scRunge13 blabbles:

Go to momma carrentals and check the Alamo prices from the airport

CDG...???

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking