Sudam Hussein captured !! Yeah

Old December 14th, 2003, 11:34 AM
L.B

Default Sudam Hussein captured !! Yeah

Don't care if this is on topic or not, but boy oh boy, what great news to wake
up to this morning! The best Christmas present ever, with his capture this
morning! L.B.

Old December 14th, 2003, 01:25 PM
fishman

"David Gee" wrote in message
WELL DONE, BOYS!

(and girls, too!)

"L.B" wrote in message
Don't care if this is on topic or not, but boy oh boy, what great news

to wake
up to this morning! The best Christmas present ever, with his capture

this
morning! L.B.

Ditto!!!! - question: what do we do with him now??

Chris

Old December 14th, 2003, 01:59 PM
ChiliJim

He will probably get a good trial lawyer (maybe Johnnie Cochran?),
claim his civil rights are being violated, sue, and get a multi
million dollar settlement from the US Government. The commander of
the group that captured him will be court martialed, suffer loss of
rank and pension, and be booted out of the military.

Jim (still smarting from the recent court martial of the Army colonel,
for "scaring" the captives who were trying to murder him).

Hats off to our troops who are sacrificing much so that we can safely
sit here and plan cruises.

Old December 14th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Howard Garland

It is great news! No matter how I feel about our presence in Iraq, it
is a great to know that this ****head thug has been captured.

Howie

Old December 14th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Tom & Linda

Ditto.

Maybe this will help reduce the number of troops that are killed weekly
over there.

--Tom

Old December 14th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Benjamin Smith

Tom & Linda wrote:
Ditto.

Maybe this will help reduce the number of troops that are killed weekly
over there.

If this insurgency is about Saddam, it will. If this insurgency is about
age-old nationalism fighting against Western occupation, it may bring on
an even stronger insurgency resolve.

Saddam's power and influence was ridiculously overblown.

Ben S.

--Tom

Old December 14th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Charles

In article , Benjamin Smith
wrote:

If this insurgency is about Saddam, it will. If this insurgency is about
age-old nationalism fighting against Western occupation, it may bring on
an even stronger insurgency resolve.

Saddam's power and influence was ridiculously overblow

Saddam's power was not overblown. It was based on police terror state
repression. He was a thug that was hated by the majority of Iraqi's.
No matter what one thinks about US presence in IRAQ, I doubt there is
popular insugency agianst US presence because the Saddam regieme
destoyed all popular opposition forces. It is not Vietnam where there
was or is a popular force based on age-old nationalism. The resistance
is by Baathist remnents which are not supported by the majority of
Iraqi's.

--
Charles