Some Great Tips on Travel Insurance

Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air
jennyjenny

Default Some Great Tips on Travel Insurance

Travel insurance is meant to insure against anything that happens to
the traveler while he is away from home. Most of the policies cover
theft, injury, loss, or death...
http://articlesupdates.googlepages.c...insurance_tips
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

On Nov 23, 6:27 pm, jennyjenny wrote:
Travel insurance is meant to insure against anything that happens to
the traveler while he is away from home. Most of the policies cover
theft, injury, loss, or death...

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Nigel[_2_]

"Tchiowa" wrote in message
On Nov 23, 6:27 pm, jennyjenny wrote:
Travel insurance is meant to insure against anything that happens to
the traveler while he is away from home. Most of the policies cover
theft, injury, loss, or death...

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.

Until you have to pay for hospital bills and an air ambulance to bring you
back home (in this case from the USA to the UK) after a hit-and-run car
accident.

£100 per year for annual travel insurance seems like a bargain!

Old November 25th, 2007, 12:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Paulrta[_1_]

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 03:43:22 -0800 (PST), Tchiowa
wrote:

On Nov 23, 6:27 pm, jennyjenny wrote:
Travel insurance is meant to insure against anything that happens to
the traveler while he is away from home. Most of the policies cover
theft, injury, loss, or death...

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.

Worst advice ever!

Even if just for the medical cover, a few $ to save you potentially
millions on medical costs/repatriation home sounds like quite a good
deal to me!
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.

Worst advice ever!

It's great advice for most travelling Americans. We have to pay for
health insurance at home, which covers us no matter where we are.

For people in more civilized countries with universal heath care, some
plans cover you outside the country, some don't, so add-on travel
insurance could make sense if yours doesn't.

R's,
John
Old November 25th, 2007, 07:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

On Nov 24, 11:24 pm, "Nigel" wrote:
"Tchiowa" wrote in message

On Nov 23, 6:27 pm, jennyjenny wrote:
Travel insurance is meant to insure against anything that happens to
the traveler while he is away from home. Most of the policies cover
theft, injury, loss, or death...

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.

Until you have to pay for hospital bills and an air ambulance to bring you
back home (in this case from the USA to the UK) after a hit-and-run car
accident.

£100 per year for annual travel insurance seems like a bargain!

If you have decent medical insurance at home that's all covered.

20 years, close to 3 million miles, 3/4 of my time spent outside the
country, never had the insurance and never will.
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:07 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Nigel[_2_]

"Tchiowa" wrote in message
On Nov 24, 11:24 pm, "Nigel" wrote:
"Tchiowa" wrote in message

On Nov 23, 6:27 pm, jennyjenny wrote:
Travel insurance is meant to insure against anything that happens to
the traveler while he is away from home. Most of the policies cover
theft, injury, loss, or death...

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.

Until you have to pay for hospital bills and an air ambulance to bring you
back home (in this case from the USA to the UK) after a hit-and-run car
accident.

£100 per year for annual travel insurance seems like a bargain!

If you have decent medical insurance at home that's all covered.

20 years, close to 3 million miles, 3/4 of my time spent outside the
country, never had the insurance and never will.

- - - -

Exactly, for most of us Europeans we don't need any medical insurance when
at home - hence it's a necessity to have extra cover when away overseas on
holiday.

Remember, newsgroups are *worldwide* hence a blanket statement:

"Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money"

may be true for someone who is based in the USA whose home medical insurance
covers them for worldwide medical treatment and repatriation, it certainly
is not the case for those of us that live elsewhere!

Old November 25th, 2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air
tim \(not at home\)

"Tchiowa" wrote in message
On Nov 24, 11:24 pm, "Nigel" wrote:
"Tchiowa" wrote in message

On Nov 23, 6:27 pm, jennyjenny wrote:
Travel insurance is meant to insure against anything that happens to
the traveler while he is away from home. Most of the policies cover
theft, injury, loss, or death...

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.

Until you have to pay for hospital bills and an air ambulance to bring you
back home (in this case from the USA to the UK) after a hit-and-run car
accident.

£100 per year for annual travel insurance seems like a bargain!

If you have decent medical insurance at home that's all covered.

That depends upon your understanding of "decent".

I have decent medical insurance when at home, but it covers me for diddly
squat when I away.

tim

Old November 26th, 2007, 10:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

Nigel wrote:

"Tchiowa" wrote in message

On Nov 23, 6:27 pm, jennyjenny wrote:

Travel insurance is meant to insure against anything that happens to
the traveler while he is away from home. Most of the policies cover
theft, injury, loss, or death...

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.

Until you have to pay for hospital bills and an air ambulance to bring you
back home (in this case from the USA to the UK) after a hit-and-run car
accident.

£100 per year for annual travel insurance seems like a bargain!

I wouldn't bet $100 for insurance is going to get you much.
Old November 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Nigel[_2_]

"mrtravel" wrote in message
. ..
Nigel wrote:

"Tchiowa" wrote in message

On Nov 23, 6:27 pm, jennyjenny wrote:

Travel insurance is meant to insure against anything that happens to
the traveler while he is away from home. Most of the policies cover
theft, injury, loss, or death...

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.

Until you have to pay for hospital bills and an air ambulance to bring

you
back home (in this case from the USA to the UK) after a hit-and-run car
accident.

£100 per year for annual travel insurance seems like a bargain!

I wouldn't bet $100 for insurance is going to get you much.

My £100 annual travel insurance (note pounds sterling not dollars) gets me
$10million (US dollars) medical insurance to cover all medical bills when
overseas and an air ambulance to get me home if needed.

Other standard benefits are for flight delays, baggage loss etc. etc.

Nigel.