Belgian life expectancy

Old July 18th, 2008, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Chad and Olga Chu-Choo

Default Belgian life expectancy

Thu 17/07/08 16:25 - Since 2003 more children are being born in
Flanders. Life expectancy is growing too.

A boy that is born today has a life expectancy of 78 years. That's 2
and a half years longer than ten years ago.

A newly born baby girl can expect to live for nearly 83 years. That's
two years longer than in 1998.
(AP)

55,700 people died in Belgium in 2006.

One in two Belgians dies in hospital. Most seniors die as a result of
cardiovascular problems.

Suicide and lung cancer are the main death causes among young men.
Among women breast cancer is the culprit.

More and more women are having their breasts screened though.

Flemish Health Minister Steven Vanacke

"If all women had their breasts screened, then we could prevent 40% of
all such cancers. We have to continue our campaigns, but I am
heartened by the figures that show more women are being screened. The
75% target is not yet in sight, but we have to reach it."

Suicide numbers are falling, but with over a thousand suicides in 2006
Flanders performs a lot worse than the European average.
Old July 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
PeterL

On Jul 18, 8:09*am, Chad and Olga Chu-Choo
wrote:
[...]

I heard that Belgium as a country will no longer exist.
Old July 18th, 2008, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
catalpa

"Chad and Olga Chu-Choo" wrote in message

Thu 17/07/08 16:25 - Since 2003 more children are being born in
Flanders. Life expectancy is growing too.

A boy that is born today has a life expectancy of 78 years. That's 2
and a half years longer than ten years ago.

A newly born baby girl can expect to live for nearly 83 years. That's
two years longer than in 1998.
(AP)

55,700 people died in Belgium in 2006.

One in two Belgians dies in hospital. Most seniors die as a result of
cardiovascular problems.

Wow, better stay away from those killer Belgian hospitals.

Old July 18th, 2008, 06:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
simon

Chad and Olga Chu-Choo wrote:
[...]

F L E M I S H ! ! !! ! ! ! !! !

Old July 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
simon

catalpa wrote:
"Chad and Olga Chu-Choo" wrote in message

Thu 17/07/08 16:25 - Since 2003 more children are being born in
Flanders. Life expectancy is growing too.

A boy that is born today has a life expectancy of 78 years. That's 2
and a half years longer than ten years ago.

A newly born baby girl can expect to live for nearly 83 years. That's
two years longer than in 1998.
(AP)

55,700 people died in Belgium in 2006.

One in two Belgians dies in hospital. Most seniors die as a result of
cardiovascular problems.

Wow, better stay away from those killer Belgian hospitals

killer F L E M I SH hospitals.

Old July 18th, 2008, 11:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Poldie

Chad and Olga Chu-Choo wrote:
Thu 17/07/08 16:25 - Since 2003 more children are being born in
Flanders. Life expectancy is growing too.

Flanders, eh? That's diddly-diddly-dandy!

Suicide numbers are falling, but with over a thousand suicides in 2006
Flanders performs a lot worse than the European average.

Suicide is legal there though, so it's going to show up in statistics.
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
PeterL

On Jul 18, 3:41*pm, Poldie _.@._ wrote:
Chad and Olga Chu-Choo wrote:

Thu 17/07/08 16:25 - Since 2003 more children are being born in
Flanders. Life expectancy is growing too.

Flanders, eh? *That's diddly-diddly-dandy!

Suicide numbers are falling, but with over a thousand suicides in 2006
Flanders performs a lot worse than the European average.

Suicide is legal there though, so it's going to show up in statistics.

No suicide is illegal, if you are caught trying to commit suicide it's
the death penalty for you.

Old July 25th, 2008, 12:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Poldie _.@._ wrote:

[]
No, it's not.

I hadn't read this yet. Given the source, I assume "life" expectancy is
ironic?

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the