Pattya, Koh Smaet, Koh Chang.

Old December 23rd, 2003, 04:12 PM
Kim Jørgensen

Default Pattya, Koh Smaet, Koh Chang.

Hey, leaving in end af januari for Thailand.

Have booked a hotel in Pattya, mostly because it was free togehter with the
plainticket, but im not sure we want to stay there.

The plan is to go for Koh Chanh/Samet.

Any recommendations for these islands, palce to stay, what to see etc.

For accomodation we would like something bungalow style, boutylandstyle, and
prefer a pool if possible.

Any suggestions ?

Best Regards

Kim/Denmark

Old December 24th, 2003, 03:07 AM
Iceman

"Kim Jørgensen" wrote in message ...
Hey, leaving in end af januari for Thailand.

Have booked a hotel in Pattya, mostly because it was free togehter with the
plainticket, but im not sure we want to stay there.

You don't. It's overdeveloped and Westernized - a Thai version of
Cancun or the Costa del Sol.

The plan is to go for Koh Chanh/Samet.

Good choice.

Any recommendations for these islands, palce to stay, what to see etc.

What to see - nothing. They just have beautiful beaches. If you want
sights, you'll have to go elsewhere in Thailand. I'd definitely
recommend three days in Bangkok, then consider Kanchanaburi, Ayuthaya,
Chiang Mai, or Sukhothai depending on your interests.

For accomodation we would like something bungalow style, boutylandstyle, and
prefer a pool if possible.

These islands are very basic - expect beach huts, no pool, and not
much in the way of nightlife. Consider Koh Samui if you want
something slightly more developed but not a cheesy resort.

Any suggestions ?

Best Regards

Kim/Denmark

Iceman
Old December 25th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Peter Loumann

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:12:52 +0100, "Kim Jørgensen"
wrote:

Hey, leaving in end af januari for Thailand.

Enjoy!

Have booked a hotel in Pattya, mostly because it was free togehter with the
plainticket, but im not sure we want to stay there.

Get out of there as quickly as possible!

The plan is to go for Koh Chanh/Samet.

I recommend Ko Chang if you want something quiet, but not for night
life.

http://pedalo.dk/thailand/

Any recommendations for these islands, palce to stay, what to see etc.

For accomodation we would like something bungalow style, boutylandstyle, and
prefer a pool if possible.

Nothing special to see on Ko Chang, "only" nature, beaches and the
fishing harbors of Bang Bao, Rong Than and more.

I wonder why people want a pool there ... Stay on the West Coast - I
prefer Hat Sai Khao (White Sands Beach), several resorts with pool and
bungalows on the central and southern part, north part is more for
back packers, same further south along the coast.

--
hilsen pl (peloda hos tiscali her i landet)
http://pedalo.dk/thailand/
Old December 25th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Markku Grönroos

wrote:

Hey, leaving in end af januari for Thailand.

Enjoy!

Have booked a hotel in Pattya, mostly because it was free togehter with

the
plainticket, but im not sure we want to stay there.

Get out of there as quickly as possible!

Perhaps you give the chap a chance to establish his own opinion on Pattaya.
Perhaps he finds it most attractive.

Old December 25th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Tommy Petersson

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in
:

wrote:

Hey, leaving in end af januari for Thailand.

Enjoy!

Have booked a hotel in Pattya, mostly because it was free togehter
with

the
plainticket, but im not sure we want to stay there.

Get out of there as quickly as possible!

Perhaps you give the chap a chance to establish his own opinion on
Pattaya. Perhaps he finds it most attractive.

The golf is good and cheap there, says a (female) friend of mine.

/Tommy P.
Old December 28th, 2003, 09:30 AM
John

Tommy Petersson wrote in message .1.4...
"Markku Grönroos" wrote in
:

wrote:

Hey, leaving in end af januari for Thailand.

Enjoy!

Have booked a hotel in Pattya, mostly because it was free togehter
with

the
plainticket, but im not sure we want to stay there.

Get out of there as quickly as possible!

Perhaps you give the chap a chance to establish his own opinion on
Pattaya. Perhaps he finds it most attractive.

The golf is good and cheap there, says a (female) friend of mine.

/Tommy P.

Pattaya is loaded with chicks, strip bars and anything you want at
reasonable prices and is a great place from the point of view of great
beaches, accommodation,etc.
Old December 30th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Michael Christoffersen

"John" wrote in message
om...

Pattaya is loaded with chicks, strip bars and anything you want at
reasonable prices and is a great place from the point of view of great
beaches, accommodation,etc.

Great beaches?
Please allow me to guess how many beaches you have visited in Thailand?
Pattaya, Jomtien and Naklua easily belong to some of the least attractive
ones in all of Thailand.

Cheers
Michale Christoffersen

Old December 30th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Michael Christoffersen" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
om...

Pattaya is loaded with chicks, strip bars and anything you want at
reasonable prices and is a great place from the point of view of great
beaches, accommodation,etc.

Great beaches?
Please allow me to guess how many beaches you have visited in Thailand?
Pattaya, Jomtien and Naklua easily belong to some of the least attractive
ones in all of Thailand.

Beaches are mediocre. However, in Jomtien I found them being reasonable.
However, who would spend excessively time on beaches?

Old January 5th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Anders

Kim Jørgensen wrote:

Hey, leaving in end af januari for Thailand.

Have booked a hotel in Pattya, mostly because it was free togehter with the
plainticket, but im not sure we want to stay there.

The plan is to go for Koh Chanh/Samet.

Lots of Mosquitos on Samet is what I heared without going there myself.

/Anders

Any recommendations for these islands, palce to stay, what to see etc.

For accomodation we would like something bungalow style, boutylandstyle, and
prefer a pool if possible.

Any suggestions ?

Best Regards

Kim/Denmark

--
Remove the obvious part before replying by mail please!
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:44 AM
ExpatNL

"Kim Jørgensen" wrote in message

Hey, leaving in end af januari for Thailand.

Have booked a hotel in Pattya, mostly because it was free togehter with

the
plainticket, but im not sure we want to stay there.

The plan is to go for Koh Chanh/Samet.

Any recommendations for these islands, palce to stay, what to see etc.

For accomodation we would like something bungalow style, boutylandstyle,

and
prefer a pool if possible.

Any suggestions ?

Best Regards

Kim/Denmark

i still cringe everytime i think about Pataya. if you want a whore [or
more], screaming whores from bars as you walk pass not even making eye
contact, not good snorkling, nothing special beaches, a lot of
whores...maybe this place is for you.

koh samet i like. fine white sand beaches, great seafood! mossies are the
size of flies and they bite through your clothes. take care in the water as
there are strong currents at times. i saw a farang, who drown the day
before, then park rangers hauled him to shore the next day leaving him
wrapped in a bamboo mat in the mid day heat til sundown while the locals
stood around the whole time as if they don't know what a bloated floater
looks like.

koh chang is boring if you're the koh pang ngang full moon party type. it is
a national park, it has peace and quiet.