Amazon: cross-border ordering and delivery

Old April 26th, 2010, 03:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Amazon: cross-border ordering and delivery

On 22 Apr, 10:56, Tom P wrote:
wrote:
On 21 Apr, 15:45, Tom P wrote:

I've used Amazon a number of times in the past to send gifts to people
in other countries, and I believe this was a topic on the NG some while
back. *Just now I've hit the problem that I can't enter a UK address
into the Amazon Germany website. The address book page just swallows the
address after hitting "continue" without any error message, and if I try
to add the recipient address on the checkout page it just says "there's
a small problem" - but what problem is I have no idea. It's not as if
Amazon won't accept foreign addresses, there's a drop-down list of
countries from Albania to Zaire to choose from.
This is irritating as I've used it several times before. Anyone else
run into this?
(BTW before anyone asks why I don't use the Amazon UK site, I'm trying
to get some German literature delivered that the UK site doesn't carry).
T.

I do not understand why your UK address is not already on the
amazon.de site, because they use the same addressbook for
all Amazon sources IMHO. I suggest you address the problem
via the UK site and if you can get your address logged in there
then it will be available for you to use on amazon.de HTH

To be precise, it's a relative's change of address. *Are you saying
that if I register with Amazon in one country, my logon and address book
exists on Amazon sites in all other countries? *I never knew that

Yes. They have been very clever in doing this. When amazon.co.uk
came along I could order straight away because my details had
already been logged on amazon.com

I suggest you try removing your relatives old address on
the UK site then entering the up to date one as a new
entry. Best of luck. (Amazon.cn is different)