Auto Rental Insurance - Ital

Old February 16th, 2004, 02:53 AM
orland

Default Auto Rental Insurance - Ital

Got a good quote from AutoEurope for 8 days. Much better than American
companies. I was told all insurance was covered and that I would have zero
liability for any accident. What insurance coverages should I have while
there and is their assurance reliable?
Thanks.

Old February 16th, 2004, 07:44 AM
tile

third party insurance is compulsory in italy
I would take also insurance covering my own accidents

and theft.

Old February 16th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Judith Umbria

"orland" wrote in message
Got a good quote from AutoEurope for 8 days. Much better than American
companies. I was told all insurance was covered and that I would have zero
liability for any accident. What insurance coverages should I have while
there and is their assurance reliable?
Thanks.

AutoEurope quotes are all-inclusive except for roadtax, and the insurance is
zero deductible. It is a deal, and no one I know has ever had any problem,
from scratches and broken mirrors (a common problem here) to theft or total
destruction of the car.
One person did tell me that the local vendor had to be paid for the gas that
was in their car totalled in a rear-ending.

Old February 16th, 2004, 01:36 PM
gerald

The unincluded road tax is quite small. 2 or2.5%. The quote does
also include airport tax 10 or12%, if you pick up there

The car is not even inspected for damage, upon return.

In Florence, a guy was returning a big BMW with a blown engine. I did
not stick around long enough to find out if that was covered.

Old February 16th, 2004, 06:51 PM
tim

"gerald" wrote in message
The unincluded road tax is quite small. 2 or2.5%. The quote does
also include airport tax 10 or12%, if you pick up there

The car is not even inspected for damage, upon return.

In Florence, a guy was returning a big BMW with a blown engine. I did
not stick around long enough to find out if that was covered.

Unless that have some way of proving that the driver was at fault,
mechanical failure should never be the renter's problem even if
they've decined every insurance.

I've taken broken cars back in the past and they're very apologetic
and usually supply something much nicer as compensation.

tim

Old February 16th, 2004, 07:17 PM
orland

Judith: Thanks for the info. I had thought so, but I did need someone else
who had experience with them...(Oddly, your message (and others) have showed
up on my news server, but my original message has not. Very odd.)