Article back on 10/13/2008: "Will Media Investigate Obama Affair

Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:46 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Tis PJ Odonovan

Default Article back on 10/13/2008: "Will Media Investigate Obama Affair

Article back on 10/13/2008: "Will Media Investigate Obama Affair
Rumors?" Answer: Nope

By John Stephenson (Bio | Archive)

Mon, 10/13/2008 - 02:39 ET

"Remember how the media had to play catch-up with the National
Enquirer and blogs after rumors that begged for investigation were
ignored? Many enjoyed that. Will the media repeat the same mistake
again now that strong rumors are surfacing of an Obama affair?

The rumors are swirling, but I never heard them. The first I heard of
them was in this preemptive defense calling them smears. Larry Johnson
is talking this up, but he isn’t the most reliable source…however when
Jammie Wearing Fool has info and predicts this will be a scoop I
listen.

From Sharon Churcher’s preemptive defense piece:

The woman was purportedly sidelined from her duties after Senator
Obama’s wife, Michelle, became convinced that he had developed a
personal friendship with her.
The allegations were initially circulated in August, just two weeks
before the convention at which Obama finally beat his opponent for the
Democratic Party nomination, Hillary Clinton.

The woman, now 33, vigorously denies the vicious and unsubstantiated
gossip.

And some Washington insiders suggested that she was the victim of an
11th-hour attempt to smear Obama by die-hard Hillary supporters.

But now the rumours have resurfaced, suggesting that they may be
coming from elements in the Republican Party.

Ace of Spades:

Having now spoken to someone tracking the story, I can say:

1) It’s not just a silly little rumor.

2) It will break in some form shortly. The question is how prestigious
an outlet breaks it. (PS, at best, it won’t be that prestigious, at
least at first, but there’s a lot here so when someone finally
touches, there is a good chance of an Edwards-like “Oh yeah, we were
working on that too” pile-on.) Fire is being held as those who know
the story try to get someone of import to break it; if they pass, it
will be flooded out through secondary channels.

3) The story has a Fred Baron. Not The Fred Baron. But actually– an
even better Fred Baron. The woman is “working” in the Caribbean
drawing a salary from…. uhhh… let’s say from someone who is a big,
shiny part of the dirty Chicago political machine. And it makes no
sense that she’s doing her supposed “job,” for which she seems
unqualified anyway, in the Caribbean, of all places. It’s unclear how
she could possibly do this job at all, never mind from the Caribbean.
And she’s been there for at least a year. (At least.) This isn’t some
sabbatical or few months’ of “work” on an island paradise.

4) This woman was a major, big-time fundraiser. She raised x millions
of dollars for various Democratic interests (connected to Obama) and
then opened her own shop in DC. Since she was (as any fundraiser does)
getting a cut of the take, this was a lucrative job. But she, for
reasons unfathomable, suddenly shut the shop down and decamped to a
little Caribbean island. And somewhere along the line got a “job” from
her own Fred Baron. Which conveniently put her far away from Obama,
Michelle, and the media.

5) Within hours of the Daily Mail article breaking, she called the
Illinois hq of the Obama campaign. They wouldn’t talk to her.

Who is Vera Baker?

Some people in Chicago claim she was Obama’s Finance Director for his
2004 Senate campaign. FEC Senate campaign records show she was paid a
pretty penny as “Finance Director”.

However, people familiar with Obama’s 2004 Senate campaign say Claire
Serdiuk was Obama’s Finance Director. Looking through everything we
can see online for that 2004 campaign, Claire Serdiuk is consistently
listed as the Finance Director - because that’s what she was.

There’s no mention of Vera Baker…but Vera Baker was paid as the
“Finance Director” too.

And then, suddenly, Vera Baker was relocated to New York.

Right around the time Michelle Obama got incredibly angry about
something. We know it was hard to tell, because Michelle’s angry about
something on a good day…but this was EXTRA angry.

And then, even more suddenly, Vera Baker was relocated to the island
of Martinique, where she remains.

We hear it’s lovely there. They get lots of sunshine on Sundays.
Paradise. A lovely place to read between the lines and ask lots of
questions. All reporters should go there and feel inspired.

Ace:

I agree with Andrew Sullivan: Full disclosure.

Let’s see this banished staffer’s work records, pay stubs, and travel
schedules. With an eye to seeing how those travel schedules may match
up with The One’s.

I’m a journalist. It’s my duty to demand these answers. And I’ll never
stop.

Sweet Potato Pie? Just remember…this is only a rumor until the media
get off their behinds and actually investigate this. I heard another
rumor that they plan on doing that the day after hell freezes over. We
are not claiming this rumor to be true, only offering certain facts
that raise serious questions we believe any unbiased media has the
obligation to investigate. If only an unbiased media existed. Remember
how the media played catch-up with the blogs on the John Edwards
affair? It will be fun to see them repeat their mistakes if this pans
out"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/122a4zEvleths

Elsewhere but current:

Barack Obama cheating scandal, Another National Enquirer home run?

May 1, 12:29

"Barack Obama may have gotten his hand caught in Vera Baker's past
cookie jar as the Obama cheating scandal resurfaces. Obama,
allegedly, was in a Washington, D.C. hotel with Vera Baker, 36, a
former campaign aid prior to Obama's presidential term. This time
around the story adds witnesses and claims according to the National
Enquirer exclusive....."
Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:57 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
GLOBALIST

On May 2, 6:46*am, Tis PJ Odonovan wrote:
Article back on 10/13/2008: "Will Media Investigate Obama Affair
Rumors?" Answer: Nope

By John Stephenson (Bio | Archive)

Mon, 10/13/2008 - 02:39 ET

"Remember how the media had to play catch-up with the National
Enquirer and blogs after rumors that begged for investigation were
ignored? *Many enjoyed that. *Will the media repeat the same mistake
again now that strong rumors are surfacing of an Obama affair?

The rumors are swirling, but I never heard them. The first I heard of
them was in this preemptive defense calling them smears. Larry Johnson
is talking this up, but he isn’t the most reliable source…however when
Jammie Wearing Fool has info and predicts this will be a scoop I
listen.

From Sharon Churcher’s preemptive defense piece:

[...]

Why don't your investigate it yourself, you seem to have too much time
on your hand.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 02:59 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Kangaroo Court Australia

Australia the Lucky Country, or just for some? FINAL CUT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU6ezc_d9HA

Just not good enough for a country with pretensions to be included in
the United Nations Security Council, for their indigenous populations
to be living in third world living standards, and the Australian
judiciary and High Court Australia to be a total joke.

to "the Last Resort" by the Eagles
FOR EDUCATIONAL PUPOSES ONLY

She came from Providence,
the one in Rhode Island
Where the old world shadows hang
heavy in the air
She packed her hopes and dreams
like a refugee
Just as her father came across the sea
She heard about a place people were smilin'
They spoke about the red man's way,
and how they loved the land
And they came from everywhere
to the Great Divide
Seeking a place to stand
or a place to hide

Down in the crowded bars,
out for a good time,
Can't wait to tell you all,
what it's like up there
And they called it paradise
I don't know why
Somebody laid the mountains low
while the town got high

Then the chilly winds blew down
Across the desert
through the canyons of the coast, to
the Malibu
Where the pretty people play,
hungry for power
to light their neon way
and give them things to do

Some rich men came and raped the land,
Nobody caught 'em
Put up a bunch of ugly boxes, and Jesus,
people bought 'em
And they called it paradise
The place to be
They watched the hazy sun, sinking in the sea

You can leave it all behind
and sail to Lahaina
just like the missionaries did, so many years ago
They even brought a neon sign: "Jesus is coming"
Brought the white man's burden down
Brought the white man's reign

Who will provide the grand design?
What is yours and what is mine?
'Cause there is no more new frontier
We have got to make it here

We satisfy our endless needs and
justify our bloody deeds,
in the name of destiny and the name of God

And you can see them there,
On Sunday morning
They stand up and sing about
what it's like up there
They call it paradise
I don't know why
You call someplace paradise,
kiss it goodbye

Collective Human Experience
http://www.youtube.com/user/CollectiveHumanXPz

Aboriginal Genocide Centre
http://www.youtube.com/user/GenocideCentre

Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

On May 2, 7:46*am, Tis PJ Odonovan wrote:
Article back on 10/13/2008: "Will Media Investigate Obama Affair
Rumors?" Answer: Nope

By John Stephenson (Bio | Archive)

Mon, 10/13/2008 - 02:39 ET

"Remember how the media had to play catch-up with the National
Enquirer and blogs after rumors that begged for investigation were
ignored? *Many enjoyed that. *Will the media repeat the same mistake
again now that strong rumors are surfacing of an Obama affair?

The rumors are swirling, but I never heard them. The first I heard of
them was in this preemptive defense calling them smears. Larry Johnson
is talking this up, but he isn’t the most reliable source…however when
Jammie Wearing Fool has info and predicts this will be a scoop I
listen.

From Sharon Churcher’s preemptive defense piece:

[...]

At White House Correspondents Dinner, Enquirer Cloud Looms

By Sharon Waxman

Published: May 01, 2010

"...Not many years ago, this sort of report would be easy to dismiss
-- a sensationalist tabloid, boosted by a lone Florida blogger.
Ignore it, raise a glass to POTUS and party down at Vanity Fair.

But nowadays it’s the kind of thing that requires every serious media
outlet’s attention. Matt Drudge led the way to Bill Clinton’s
impeachment. And the Enquirer left the entire media establishment to
squirm, mute as it broke the story of John Edward’s affair with
Rielle
Hunter, and produced photos and follow-ups.

All the while the mainstream media remained absurdly, inexplicably
silent while the story unfolded....."

Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:23 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
harry k

On May 2, 7:16*am, "O'Donovan, PJ, Himself"
wrote:
On May 2, 7:46*am, Tis PJ *Odonovan wrote:

Article back on 10/13/2008: "Will Media Investigate Obama Affair
Rumors?" Answer: Nope

By John Stephenson (Bio | Archive)

Mon, 10/13/2008 - 02:39 ET

"Remember how the media had to play catch-up with the National
Enquirer and blogs after rumors that begged for investigation were
ignored? *Many enjoyed that. *Will the media repeat the same mistake
again now that strong rumors are surfacing of an Obama affair?

The rumors are swirling, but I never heard them. The first I heard of
them was in this preemptive defense calling them smears. Larry Johnson
is talking this up, but he isn’t the most reliable source…however when
Jammie Wearing Fool has info and predicts this will be a scoop I
listen.

From Sharon Churcher’s preemptive defense piece:

[...]

silent while the story unfolded....."- Hide quoted text -

And? Let's say the rumors are true. So what? He got a little on the
side. So what. That is a matter his wife needs to be concerned
with. The rest of us? What for. Tempest in a teapot just like Bill
getting a BJ in the Oval Office. How many billions did they squander
trying to make something otu of that?

Harry K
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:56 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Tis Odonovan, Himself

wrote:

On May 2, 7:46*am, Tis PJ *Odonovan wrote:

Article back on 10/13/2008: "Will Media Investigate Obama Affair
Rumors?" Answer: Nope

By John Stephenson (Bio | Archive)

Mon, 10/13/2008 - 02:39 ET

"Remember how the media had to play catch-up with the National
Enquirer and blogs after rumors that begged for investigation were
ignored? *Many enjoyed that. *Will the media repeat the same mistake
again now that strong rumors are surfacing of an Obama affair?

The rumors are swirling, but I never heard them. The first I heard of
them was in this preemptive defense calling them smears. Larry Johnson
is talking this up, but he isn’t the most reliable source…however when
Jammie Wearing Fool has info and predicts this will be a scoop I
listen.

From Sharon Churcher’s preemptive defense piece:

[...]

Yep that's right Big Hearted Harry. It's only a big problem when those
Republicans fool around at the expense of the public purse.