Trip Report - Singapore / Malaysia

Old September 8th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Mika

"Markku Grönroos" wrote:

"Pan" kirjoitti viestissä

If my experience last summer is anything to judge by, Jewish tourists
are welcome in Malaysia, but you probably wouldn't recognize them

Unless they are Israeli citizens. At least a couple of years ago Israeli
citizens (not only Jewish) were not allowed to enter Malaysia.

Malaysia currently does not grant entry on passports from
Serbia&Montenegro and Israel.

Old September 8th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Miguel Cruz

Retired wrote:
"Gregory Morrow" wrote:
Isn't it nice to live in a place such as the BRD that has strong
protections for human rights and a strong rule of secular law?

Sorry Greg, but where is the BRD?

Bundesrepublik of Deutschland possibly?

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 30 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Old September 8th, 2004, 04:50 PM
ggg

flyinyereye wrote:

I once saw a woman in KL in full black burka, with a pink helium balloon on
a string, whilst her husband was casually dressed in jeans, t-shirt and
thongs (flip flops). The scene just seemed so wrong.

before 9-11, I wanted to travel to Iran and to wear a burkha. They look
like awesome sun protection.
Old September 8th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Waseem S.

mag3 wrote:

You are right about KL Tower - certainly better views from there and you
can take your time looking.

Would you know if the KL tower is used as an actual minaret? I actually heard a
recorded muezzin's "call to prayer" at about 1pm on the Wed. I was there, but I
couldn't tell from where it was coming. It could have been the KL tower for all I know.

No its not. Its a telecom tower. The muezzin call can only come from a
mosque, it can't be
"redirected" via something else. Not sure which mosque you heard it from
though

regards
waseem

Old September 8th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Not the Karl Orff

We both refused all service and had the trays taken away. I don't
know what my seat mate was thinking, but I was thinking it was
more advantageous to "own the issue" than to accept what really wasn't
very much of a compensating offering at all. NW Headquarters will get
a letter from me shortly.

Not much. If you are an elite, NW will give you a voucher for not much.
Some miles, or complimentary drink ir headset rental.

3) SQ 106 - A really nice flight, albeit for the 1/2 hour or so it was. THey
even completed a small meal service with full First Class Linen etc.
completed.
These guys (SQ) are good! And since they now fly from EWR, I may very well
start
using them for the trunk route to Asia. THe aircraft was a 777-300ER with 3

SQ may have *just* ordered some examples of these but they do not have
any 777-300ERs in service. Just -300s, and 200ERs.

Old September 9th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Retired

"ggg" wrote in message
flyinyereye wrote:

I once saw a woman in KL in full black burka, with a pink helium balloon

on
a string, whilst her husband was casually dressed in jeans, t-shirt and
thongs (flip flops). The scene just seemed so wrong.

Not so long ago, on an SAfrica newsgroup, it was quoted that the wearing of
a full black burka in the street was only introduced a few years ago in
countries
like Afganistan and others...

And the decision was welcomed by the women there !!!

It was a new sign of freedom,
before that, men forbade the women to go out in the street on their own
FULL STOP

retired/uk.