UK to Croatia

Old April 18th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Lee BARRASS

Default UK to Croatia

I am planning a trip from the UK to Croatia (Dubrovnik possibly) later this
year. I don't really fancy going all the way by train, but don't want to
pay a fortune.

Anyone got any good ideas? I'd even go package if anyone knew of a cheap
one!

TIA

Lee.
www.menumania.co.uk

Old April 19th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Eryk

Lee,

I am planning a trip from the UK to Croatia (Dubrovnik possibly) later

this
year. I don't really fancy going all the way by train, but don't want to
pay a fortune.

Anyone got any good ideas? I'd even go package if anyone knew of a cheap
one!

http://www.skyeurope.com

....Stanstead-Bratislava-Dubrovnik and back for less than 40 quid ....so
long as you're flexible with dates.

Eryk

---

Old April 19th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Sarah Banick

"Lee BARRASS" wrote in message
I am planning a trip from the UK to Croatia (Dubrovnik possibly) later

this
year. I don't really fancy going all the way by train, but don't want to
pay a fortune.

Just FYI, you can't go the whole way by train. The rail line in Croatia
stops in Split, and its another 4-5 hours by bus to Dubrovnik.

Old April 19th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Tony Day

"Sarah Banick" wrote in message

"Lee BARRASS" wrote in message
I am planning a trip from the UK to Croatia (Dubrovnik possibly) later

this
year. I don't really fancy going all the way by train, but don't want

pay a fortune.

Just FYI, you can't go the whole way by train. The rail line in Croatia
stops in Split, and its another 4-5 hours by bus to Dubrovnik.

Or a day on a boat, which is what I plan to do.

Or you can train down through Bosnia to the coast, and only be a shorter bus
ride away.

Tony

Old May 5th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Ewan Clydesdale

I am planning a trip from the UK to Croatia (Dubrovnik possibly) later this
year. I don't really fancy going all the way by train, but don't want to
pay a fortune.

Try BA's website - they have some surprisingly low fares - I think the
lowest return to Dubrovnik from London is £89. Depends on the date you
are travelling, and price will increase substantially the closer you
get to departure.

Alternatively, you could go London - Budapest via Easyjet, overnight
train to Sarajevo, then bus direct to Dubrovnik, or train to
Ploce/Metkovic, bus onwards. Excellent scenery Sarajevo to Dubrovnik
either way.
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Carole Allen

someone wrote:

I am planning a trip from the UK to Croatia (Dubrovnik possibly) later this
year. I don't really fancy going all the way by train, but don't want to
pay a fortune.

Well, to start with the train doesn't go to Dubrovnik .