How are gasoline prices in Canada quoted?

Old March 31st, 2008, 10:27 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

Default How are gasoline prices in Canada quoted?

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
James Silverton wrote:

DS Ottawa Treaty (the land-mine ban)

It's simplistic because you don't seem to understand the
difference between acceptance and even signature by a US
representative, however highly placed, and ratification of a
treaty by Congress. Even the President is not the US; both he
and I are citizens and refusal to ratify is not backing out.

In other words, an American signature on an international agreement is
meaningless because of an unwieldy political process which leads to an
agreement not being binding.

I'm not a U.S. citizen, however you come across as a barely literate
anti-American ASSHOLE.

Old March 31st, 2008, 01:45 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton[_2_]

sharx35 wrote on Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:27:49 GMT:

s "Dave Smith" wrote in message
s ...
?? James Silverton wrote:
??
DS Ottawa Treaty (the land-mine ban)
??
?? It's simplistic because you don't seem to understand the
?? difference between acceptance and even signature by a US
?? representative, however highly placed, and ratification
?? of a treaty by Congress. Even the President is not the
?? US; both he and I are citizens and refusal to ratify is
?? not backing out.
??
?? In other words, an American signature on an international
?? agreement is meaningless because of an unwieldy political
?? process which leads to an agreement not being binding.

DS I'm not a U.S. citizen, however you come across as a barely
DS literate anti-American ASSHOLE.

Please watch the clipping :-) I am an American and I protested
the knee-jerk comment.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old March 31st, 2008, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith

James Silverton wrote:

?? In other words, an American signature on an international
?? agreement is meaningless because of an unwieldy political
?? process which leads to an agreement not being binding.

DS I'm not a U.S. citizen, however you come across as a barely
DS literate anti-American ASSHOLE.

Please watch the clipping :-) I am an American and I protested
the knee-jerk comment.

That was hardly a knee jerk reaction. It was a statment of fact. The US
had planned to go metric. I provided a long list of international
agreements that the US had made and backed out of. I wall jerk my other
knee and restate my comment that an American signature on an
international agreement is meaningless.

Old March 31st, 2008, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton[_2_]

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
James Silverton wrote:

?? In other words, an American signature on an
international
?? agreement is meaningless because of an unwieldy
political
?? process which leads to an agreement not being binding.

DS I'm not a U.S. citizen, however you come across as a
barely
DS literate anti-American ASSHOLE.

Please watch the clipping :-) I am an American and I
protested
the knee-jerk comment.

That was hardly a knee jerk reaction. It was a statment of
fact. The US
had planned to go metric. I provided a long list of
international
agreements that the US had made and backed out of. I wall jerk
my other
knee and restate my comment that an American signature on an
international agreement is meaningless.

Can you read? It has been explained to you how US ratification
works and how do you have any idea what "the US" intends?

--
Jim Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old March 31st, 2008, 06:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith

James Silverton wrote:

That was hardly a knee jerk reaction. It was a statment of
fact. The US
had planned to go metric. I provided a long list of
international
agreements that the US had made and backed out of. I wall jerk
my other
knee and restate my comment that an American signature on an
international agreement is meaningless.

Can you read? It has been explained to you how US ratification
works and how do you have any idea what "the US" intends?

Having signed agreements should be some indication of what they intend.
That is why there are international conferences and signed agreements.
Everyone sits down and hammers out a deal, but then one of the
participants walks out and fails to comply.

Old March 31st, 2008, 09:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
James Silverton wrote:

?? In other words, an American signature on an international
?? agreement is meaningless because of an unwieldy political
?? process which leads to an agreement not being binding.

DS I'm not a U.S. citizen, however you come across as a barely
DS literate anti-American ASSHOLE.

Please watch the clipping :-) I am an American and I protested
the knee-jerk comment.

That was hardly a knee jerk reaction. It was a statment of fact. The US
had planned to go metric. I provided a long list of international
agreements that the US had made and backed out of. I wall jerk my other
knee and restate my comment that an American signature on an
international agreement is meaningless.

Your dick in any female orifice is meaningless...so says your wife.

Old March 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
James Silverton wrote:

That was hardly a knee jerk reaction. It was a statment of
fact. The US
had planned to go metric. I provided a long list of
international
agreements that the US had made and backed out of. I wall jerk
my other
knee and restate my comment that an American signature on an
international agreement is meaningless.

Can you read? It has been explained to you how US ratification
works and how do you have any idea what "the US" intends?

Having signed agreements should be some indication of what they intend.
That is why there are international conferences and signed agreements.
Everyone sits down and hammers out a deal, but then one of the
participants walks out and fails to comply.

Alright, asshole, just WHAT country are YOU a national of?