alaska 's mother's day cruise

Old May 17th, 2009, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default alaska 's mother's day cruise

WELCOME HOME ALL YOU PARTY CRUISERS

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
WELCOME HOME ALL YOU PARTY CRUISERS

Thanks, Annie,
It was a lovely cruise; weather was sunny every day, though a bit more windy
and colder in Skagway than other ports.
I was surprised that it was not as cold as I expected for it to be in May.
--Jean

Old May 22nd, 2009, 06:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
kerry ambler

all the bad weather you were suppose to have stayed south of you. it stayed
with us on the pacific northwest cruise. astoria was brutaly cold and
windy, victoria was cold and rainey and seattle wasn't too bad.
it took till the last 2 sea days to be able to go into the pool. but the
ship is still fantastic.
tell me about your princess cruise. who went, how was the food, and
everything else?

Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"kerry ambler" kerryamblerNO wrote in message
all the bad weather you were suppose to have stayed south of you. it
stayed with us on the pacific northwest cruise. astoria was brutaly cold
and windy, victoria was cold and rainey and seattle wasn't too bad.
it took till the last 2 sea days to be able to go into the pool. but the
ship is still fantastic.
tell me about your princess cruise. who went, how was the food, and
everything else?

I'm sorry that you ended up with the bad weather, Kerry...;-(
I will try to get a short review up before too long...as you know, it was a
MOAGC put together by George Leppla and Lori Cunningham, so there were many
of the regulars that go on the other cruises that George has put together.
The food was good but quite close to what RCL puts out, my opinion, of
course... We had open seating while dining which was nice as it permitted us
to get together with friends with whom we agreed to meet with at a certain
time. We often had the same waiter.

The embarkation at the new pier #91 in Seattle was horrific! And that was
putting it mildly! It was one cattle call with no signs indicating lines for
suites, platinum or elite passengers...It was a chaotic free for all with
all lines blending into one to board.. Even when disembarking, they left
notices in our cabin where we were to go while waiting, but no public
announcements were made for the entire ship to hear...only a Princess rep in
the waiting area from which one departed to tell us when it was time to
disembark...So often there were several colors disembarking at the same time
and no request for the little color tab they gave you to show when it was
your time to disembark...Once down in the baggage area, there was a huge
mass of suitcases waiting with NO signs indicating a color above them on the
wall in order to find where your bags were stored. Surely Princess could
have put up color signs that matched the color of the disembarkation tags
while we were gone! While waiting in the endless line of passengers to
board, I spoke to a security officer and he said he was upset that they only
had one security officer for the entire line boarding after you went up the
escalator from the pier. Princess HAS to do something about this...I know it
is a new terminal but it will be a long time before I consider cruising from
Seattle on Princess again... too long of a wait in line with no
organization...I first was delighted that we were able to sail from Seattle
as it is such a lovely city and convenient to make air travel to and from
the same location. Being my fifth cruise to Alaska but first on Princess, I
have some comparisons that I will address when I do my review...The best
part was seeing and being with friends again and the fun we had on and off
the ship.

Kerry, tell me how your cruise went and how you found the food and the ship.

--Jean