Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Advertisements

Wish they would stick to cruising,and not trying to sell things

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 5/22/2009 6:41 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
Wish they would stick to cruising,and not trying to sell things

The spammers are not going to post on topic, and they're not
going to read your (and my) complaints. More productive is to
check out the headers and report it to their provider. I did and
got this about an hour ago:

Hi,

We have been actively working to deal with this recent, aggressive spam attack and believe that we have finally gotten things under control. Please check the announcement on our website, http://www.usenetmonster.com, which states:

"NOTE - May 22, 2009 - Please note that we are aware of the spammer using multiple accounts across our servers and spamming many text groups! We believe we have the problem resolved. If you are a new user and wish to be able to post more than 100 messages a day, please contact to be whitelisted."

We are continuing to monitor the situation and appreciate reports of any future spam/abuse should they occur.

Thanks,
Usenet Monster Support

Hopefully at least some of it will stop. I hope no one is stupid
enough to buy their stuff.

Bill
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NomenNeisco

Surfer E2468 wrote:
Wish they would stick to cruising,and not trying to sell things

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Who?

Ray Goldenberg? Or John Sisker
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Old Sarge

"NomenNeisco" wrote in message
Surfer E2468 wrote:
Wish they would stick to cruising,and not trying to sell things

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Who?

Ray Goldenberg? Or John Sisker

Yeah, right Mr. Anon. It's people like you that infest newsgroups using
anonymous remailers and
servers. There must be a million NomenNeisco's on Usenet.

In that Usenet is worldwide, NOBODY has any control over postings except for
maybe the ISP's if
they want to get involved. Then comes the matter of free speech and
censorship. The ONLY way
newsgroups can prevent spam is to make it a moderated newsgroup, period.
ISP's do the best they
can by chewing out their customers, but then they really don't want to lose
a customer either.

Therefore the best thing to do is to use your built in filter that all news
readers have, and block the
sender. As for Ray Goldberg, I personally do not consider him a spammer.
People can put anything
they want in the signature/tag line and if one chooses to put their business
there, so be it. You are not
being pressured to purchase anything. Ray just wants everyone to know that
he is in the travel business
and he just wants people to know he is knowledgeable when he answers
questions.

I think people don't understand the real meaning of spam. Spam is the
CONTINUOUS sending of
unwanted email or newsgroup messages containing material unsavory or
commercial in nature, without
any other content. Ray doesn't fit that profile.

Now use your filters and be happy.

Beware of anyone using the name NomenNeisco as it's a common anonymous name
used to spam
newsgroups without the possibility of being traced.