Indian Railways goes the Bollywood way!

Old November 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Kuldeep

Default Indian Railways goes the Bollywood way!

Having undergone a spectacular profit making journey in its passenger
and freight carrying business, Indian Railways is now turning to
Bollywood to boost its coffers.

The Railways would provide the film-makers its vast infrastructure --
trains, platforms, stations -- for shooting and has in fact come up
with a ‘Film Cell’ to felicitate its business with the tinsel
industry.

"Earlier, the film-makers had to go through a lengthy process for
getting permission to shoot in our sites. We have, now, set up a film
cell to make the process of getting permission more prompt and time-
bound," Central Railways spokesperson A K Jain said from Mumbai.http://
www.indianrailwaysreservation.co.in, Railway reservation.

According to Jain, this new venture of railways would help it in
generating more revenue which will eventually be spent on the
improvement of basic amenities and other facilities for its
passengers. http://www.indianrailwaysreservation.co.in/