MOAGC4 - Star Princess, May 10 Alaska Cruise Trip Report

Old May 26th, 2009, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default MOAGC4 - Star Princess, May 10 Alaska Cruise Trip Report

In article , George Leppla
wrote:

On ships that do not have the expanded buffet area like the Caribbean
Princess... they need to open an additional buffet in one of the dining
rooms to handle the larger number of people who can't eat outside because of
the colder weather.

On the Crown Princess which is very much like Caribbean Princess they
did not have enough of the buffet open on port days. One day in the
Caribbean when people came back early for lunch onboard there was no
room to sit because they had sections closed off. Not just the food
areas but the table areas. Very annoying as the dining rooms were not
open either.

--
Charles
Old May 27th, 2009, 03:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dean Worrell[_2_]

George Leppla wrote:
I have finally gotten a trip report together for our recent Alaska group
cruise, complete with pictures. You can read the report at

http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_w...s-and-reviews/

or http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

It was a great cruise and like all cruises, had it share of plusses and
minuses... but I finally got to see whales in the ocean and for me, that
alone was worth the trip.

Regards,

George,

I enjoyed reading your views of your Alaska cruise. I've cruised Alaska
3 times now and never had as nice sunny weather at the glaciers as your
pictures showed.

Glad you had fun whale watching out of Juneau. They are amazing!

Regards,
Dean in Peoria