Obama's White House in public relations panic over inaction on oilspill. Obama's Katrina but worse

Old May 4th, 2010, 02:22 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Tis PJ Odonovan

Default Obama's White House in public relations panic over inaction on oilspill. Obama's Katrina but worse

http://preview.tinyurl.com/124g4zEvleths
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:24 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
GLOBALIST

On May 4, 8:22*am, Tis PJ Odonovan wrote:
Obama's White House in public relations panic over inaction on oil
spill. Obama's Katrina but worse

http://preview.tinyurl.com/124g4zEvleths

Creative Writing 101? I bet you got your certificate from the
National Enquirer
Inaction? "What planet do you spend the most time on?"
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:34 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
John Rennie

GLOBALIST wrote:
On May 4, 8:22 am, Tis PJ Odonovan wrote:
Obama's White House in public relations panic over inaction on oil
spill. Obama's Katrina but worse

http://preview.tinyurl.com/124g4zEvleths

Creative Writing 101? I bet you got your certificate from the
National Enquirer
Inaction? "What planet do you spend the most time on?"

The really funny characteristic of peejay's copy pastes
is that he either doesn't read them or if he does, doesn't
understand them. I quote from his tinyurl:

"“There is no good answer to this,” one senior administration official
said. “There is no readily apparent solution besides one that could take
three months. ... If it doesn’t show the impotence of the government, it
shows the limits of the government.”

This horror in the Gulf is not unlike the recent
widespread airline panic re volcanic ash in Europe.
There's very little Government can do about such
a disaster. Except, of course, to ban off shore
drilling in the first place whereas banning
eruptions is still beyond our capabilities.
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Tis PJ Odonovan

On May 4, 9:34*am, John Rennie wrote:
:

"“There is no good answer to this,” one senior administration official
said. “There is no readily apparent solution besides one that could take
three months. ... If it doesn’t show the impotence of the government, it
shows the limits of the government.”

.

As the "excuses" keep flowing from the Obaminii flacks the oil keeps
flowing and flowing.
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:44 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
GLOBALIST

On May 4, 8:45*am, Tis PJ Odonovan wrote:
On May 4, 9:34*am, John Rennie wrote:
:

"“There is no good answer to this,” one senior administration official
said. “There is no readily apparent solution besides one that could take
three months. ... If it doesn’t show the impotence of the government, it
shows the limits of the government.”

.

As the "excuses" keep flowing from the Obaminii flacks the oil keeps
flowing and flowing.

So do you know who is qualified to go down 5,000 feet and block the
flow of the oil...George Bush maybe?
Saddly it is all in the hands of BP, who have the know-how and
equipment to work that far down in the ocean.
Can you say ocean? If another firm could fix it, I think they would
speak up for the sake of the folks living on the Gulf.
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:06 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Donna Evleth[_1_]

From: John Rennie
Newsgroups:
alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.e urope,soc
.retirement
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 14:34:25 +0100
Subject: Obama's White House in public relations panic over inaction on

GLOBALIST wrote:
On May 4, 8:22 am, Tis PJ Odonovan wrote:
Obama's White House in public relations panic over inaction on oil
spill. Obama's Katrina but worse

http://preview.tinyurl.com/124g4zEvleths

Creative Writing 101? I bet you got your certificate from the
National Enquirer
Inaction? "What planet do you spend the most time on?"

The really funny characteristic of peejay's copy pastes
is that he either doesn't read them or if he does, doesn't
understand them. I quote from his tinyurl:

"łThere is no good answer to this,˛ one senior administration official
said. łThere is no readily apparent solution besides one that could take
three months. ... If it doesnąt show the impotence of the government, it
shows the limits of the government.˛

This horror in the Gulf is not unlike the recent
widespread airline panic re volcanic ash in Europe.
There's very little Government can do about such
a disaster. Except, of course, to ban off shore
drilling in the first place whereas banning
eruptions is still beyond our capabilities.

The ban on eruptions should have taken place on 15 April, the day before we
arrived in London. I feel that the London Tourist Office surely had
something to do with this. Had we not had to stay an extra three days, we
would not have visited the British Museum to see the Elgin Marbles and the
Rosetta Stone (yes, I know it was free, but we still made a donation, and we
took taxis to get there and back to our hotel), or the National Gallery
(yes, I know it was free, but again we made donations and took taxis) and I
would not have visited Regent's Park and the waterfowl three times. That
was not only free, but it was very close to our hotel, so I didn't even have
to take the Underground. And we got to eat three times at the best Chinese
restaurant we have ever eaten in anywhere, even in Hong Kong.

Erm... What the hell am I complaining about? We actually did enjoy London,
and unlike the poor stranded Americans we were taken for and pitied, we were
actually able to go home. On the Eurostar.

Fortunately there was no offshore drilling which could have interfered with
the running of this train.

Donna Evleth