Bored, need help.

Old September 9th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Miguel Cruz

ivy_mike wrote:
I don't know where else in SF you can run, except of course, Golden Gate
Park.

I've never actually gone over there. What's it like nowadays. Didn't
it used to be a little sleazy? I know some runners who've run there
in the past.

Golden Gate Park is one of the highlights of the city, it's a great place
with lots of little areas to discover (crazy statues hidden in the forest,
etc.).

The entrance facing Haight Street always has a clutch of about 15 spaced-out
guys trying halfheartedly to sell pot. They're very brazen and I'm not sure
if I should be somewhat insulted by their absolute confidence that I'm not a
narc.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 30 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Old September 10th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Hatunen

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:25:46 -0700, Icono Clast
wrote:

ivy_mike wrote:
" BruceB" wrote:
I don't know where else in SF you can run, except of course,
Golden Gate Park.

I've never actually gone over there. What's it like nowadays. Didn't
it used to be a little sleazy?

What criteria are used to judge an enormous park "a little sleazy"?

On Lombard (called Cow Hollow around here)

I don't know where your "here" is but San Franciscans NEVER call
Lombard "Cow Hollow".

Never?? Please tell us the address of the Cow Hollow Motor Inn.

Old September 10th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Hatunen

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:26:53 -0700, Icono Clast
wrote:

Miguel Cruz wrote:
The entrance facing Haight Street

Stanyan Street

It's on Stanyan Stret where it T's to Haight Street.

Stanyan Street has quite a few GGP entrances along it.

Old September 11th, 2004, 12:02 AM
PeterL

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
Miguel Cruz wrote:
The entrance facing Haight Street

Stanyan Street

always has a clutch of about 15 spaced-out guys trying halfheartedly to
sell pot. They're very brazen and I'm not sure if I should be
somewhat insulted by their absolute confidence that I'm not a narc.

I don't have statistics, but pot busts in San Francisco are rare,
even by narcs. It's not unusual to see someone smoking a joint and a
nearby cop pretending to be unaware.

Probably because they are not violating state law, but federal law. So cops
don't care, fed narcs do care, esp. if you sell a large quantity.

Un San Francisqueño en San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net

Old September 11th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Frank F. Matthews

It appears to be Lombard & Steiner. However there are far more
businesses called "Cow Hollow" on Union. The term appears to apply to
6-8 streets from Steiner to Buchannan.

Old September 11th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Susan Wachob

Cow Hollow is actually used for the area aproximately Lombard to
Greenwich and Lyon to Van Ness- more or less. Lombard sort of divides
Cow Hollow from the Marina.

It's called Cow Hollow because the area it designates is a bit of a
valley- though not as easily defineable as it used to be.

Susan

Old September 11th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Icono Clast

Hatunen wrote:
Icono Clast wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
The entrance facing Haight Street Stanyan Street

It's on Stanyan Stret where it T's to Haight Street.

Stanyan Street has quite a few GGP entrances along it.

Only two for vehicles (Main and South drives), several for
pedestrians, but only one "facing Haight Street".

Icono Clast wrote:
" BruceB" wrote:
On Lombard (called Cow Hollow around here)

I don't know where your "here" is but San Franciscans NEVER call
Lombard "Cow Hollow".

Never?? Please tell us the address of the Cow Hollow Motor Inn.

I presume the Cow Hollow Motor Inn is on Lombard Street (I didn't
notice it on m'way to The Bridge this afternoon [Whoops! I took
Fillmore and Cervantes to Marina and Doyle]) in the Cow Hollow
Neighborhood of the Marina District. We NEVER call Lombard "Cow
Hollow" even though that's where part of it is just as we don't call
other parts of it "Russian" or "Telegraph" Hill or "North Beach".
Parts of Chestnut, Divisadero, and other streets are also in Cow
Hollow each of which, just as Lombard, we never call "Cow Hollow".

I know you knew that, Dave. Sometimes you surprise me.
A San Franciscan in (where else?) San Francisco

Old September 11th, 2004, 12:18 PM
jcoulter

..

Icono Clast wrote:
" BruceB" wrote:
On Lombard (called Cow Hollow around here)

I don't know where your "here" is but San Franciscans NEVER call
Lombard "Cow Hollow".

Come on you guys nevr call it Frisco either but that doesn't stop the rest
of the world! New Yorkers don't call the city New Amsterdam but that
doesn't stop some folks from usingthe name in their businesses.

and by the way the red fruit popularized in song, it is definitely
pronounced . . . Love Apple!
Old September 11th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Hatunen

wrote:

On Lombard (called Cow Hollow around here)

I don't know where your "here" is but San Franciscans NEVER call
Lombard "Cow Hollow".

Never?? Please tell us the address of the Cow Hollow Motor Inn.

Cow Hollow is actually used for the area aproximately Lombard to
Greenwich and Lyon to Van Ness- more or less. Lombard sort of divides
Cow Hollow from the Marina.

It's called Cow Hollow because the area it designates is a bit of a
valley- though not as easily defineable as it used to be.

It's called Cow Hollow because they used to raise cows there. But
it's certainly not a bit of a valley. In those days the Marina
was still part of the Bay.