Playa del Carmen/Cancun

Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:32 AM
Sam

Default Playa del Carmen/Cancun

"David E. Bath" wrote in message
: As to A/C, I've also found it to be of poorer quality in most foreign
: countries too.
:
: Two resorts in the Cancun area that I've stayed at that has excellent
: A/C were Royale Solaris in Cancun and Oasis Puerto Aventuras.

Case in point that everyone's experience varies. We switched rooms at
the Royal Solaris several years ago after enduring the deliberate torture
of the front desk staff for three days. We went from the Royal Tower to
the Caribe tower. The A/C was pathetic in both rooms. In the Royal
Tower, the A/C did work, but there was an inadequate amount of [cool] air
being pumped out. The ambient room temperature was ~ 80F with 75%
humidity.

As we had other issues with the room in the Royal Tower, one was the fact
the room was literally right on top of the A/C duct and it was noisy as
the Indy. Most people on our first floor were cussing with their
displeasure with their rooms in the Royal Tower. The other room in the
Caribe tower was quieter but the A/C would only sometimes blow cool air,
most of the time it was just air. ambient temperature was 85F.
Complaining to the staff was futile. At least it cooled a lot at night.
The beds in the Caribe were a bit harder than in the Royal Tower, but
fine. For these reasons and more, I won't recommend the Royal Solaris.
If I recall correctly, some time-share owners were also very unhappy
with the RS at that time and may have taken some kind of action against
the hotel.
Old May 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM
George Moran

"Judy s" wrote in message
My husband and I are looking for recommendations for an AI resort

preferably
adults only in the Playa del Carmen or Cancun area. Good food and liquor a
must, other than that we pretty much lay around on the beach all day. I've
been checking out the following resorts:
Golden Crown Paradise Spa, Aventura Spa, Maroma Resort and Spa, El Dorado
Royale, Secrets Capri and Sunscape Tulum(allows kids). Looked at Desire

but
I'm getting the feeling it is a "swingers" resort, which we are not
interested in. We have stayed at Blue Bay and wasn't impressed. Also Club
Viva Maya in Playacar, but it no longer is adults only. Any feedback on

the
resorts I have mentioned? We prefer the area south of Cancun to the Cancun
Hotel Zone but would make an exception for a great resort, same goes for

the
adults only requirement.
Thanks,
Judy

Is the Moon Palace in this area? I've heard good things about it, and am
considering it for next year's vacation. I'd like to hear comments, if
anyone has information.

TIA,
Sheila
Old May 29th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Sam

"George Moran" wrote in message
: : Is the Moon Palace in this area? I've heard good things about it,
and am
: considering it for next year's vacation. I'd like to hear comments, if
: anyone has information.

That really depends on what you like and consider important. The Moon
Palace's beach is not that great. The resort is really at the far end of
the hotel zone. Getting to clubs will take you over 30 minutes. If you
plan to stay at the pool and not the ocean (dunno why one would) then
this resort if for you. For me, the beach is right up there in
consideration of the resort as I don't go to the Caribbean to spend time
in a chlorinated pool when I can do so at home. Other than that, the
resort is very good. But, other hotels to consider are Secrets, Riu Las
Americas, Riu Cancun, Omni, Golden Crown Paradise, and Park Royal
Pyramid.