Carnival: Spam never served to guests

Old November 11th, 2010, 08:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Carnival: Spam never served to guests

From Carnival on Twitter:

“@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last post, we wanted to clarify that
while some SPAM was delivered, it was never served to guests. #Splendor”

--
Charles
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Val Kraut

" "@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last post, we wanted to clarify that
while some SPAM was delivered, it was never served to guests. #Splendor"

Does this mean the USS Ronald Reagan will be loosing its' "Five Star Rating"
in Zagats. It's sort of funny to read - they'll be out of food by mid-day.
The Navy races food deliveries and "well it isn't what we serve that to our
soon to be starving guests". Maybe next time they should hold out for Cavier
from a Russian Cruiser or take-out from a Chinese Submarine.

Val Kraut

Old November 11th, 2010, 08:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

lid (Charles) wrote"

From Carnival on Twitter:

“@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last
post, we wanted to clarify that while some
SPAM was delivered, it was never served to
guests. #Splendor”

Are you sure? This sounds to me like "Spam" sandwiches.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40126918...cruise_travel/

snip
The Fishers described impromptu food fare that included cheese-and-beet
sandwiches and other sandwiches filled with something that looked like
corned-beef hash.

"If you could see the things they put on sandwiches, seriously, this
could be the only cruise ever where people lost weight instead of
gaining weight," Fisher said.
end snip

Old November 11th, 2010, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On 11 Nov 2010 20:13:49 GMT, Charles wrote:

From Carnival on Twitter:

@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last post, we wanted to clarify that
while some SPAM was delivered, it was never served to guests.

Yeah, all the SPAMadvertising is coming from that assclown Sisker and
landing here.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
I never have nor ever will solicit or accept a booking.
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

On 11/11/2010 3:13 PM, Charles wrote:
From Carnival on Twitter:

“@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last post, we wanted to clarify that
while some SPAM was delivered, it was never served to guests. #Splendor”

On cruisecritic I read that a vendor sent Spam as a replacement for
something they could not provide.

sue
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:43:04 -0500, Sue Mullen
wrote:

I think Spam the meat has gotten a bad rap.

Anything that you have to eat the same thing for a long time will
probably turn you off of it. Bob had a Navy cruise where he had no
meat except ham, or bacon, and it was quite a long time after that
before he would willingly eat ham.

From Carnival on Twitter:

Old November 12th, 2010, 02:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_7_]

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:43:04 -0500, Sue Mullen wrote:

On 11/11/2010 3:13 PM, Charles wrote:
From Carnival on Twitter:

@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last post, we wanted to clarify that
while some SPAM was delivered, it was never served to guests. #Splendor

On cruisecritic I read that a vendor sent Spam as a replacement for
something they could not provide.

sue

Excellent post, sue. Yes you are right, they sent printed copies of
John Sisker's posts to rtc.

--Jean
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
R. F. Duffer

On 11/11/2010 2:13 PM, Charles wrote:
From Carnival on Twitter:

“@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last post, we wanted to clarify that
while some SPAM was delivered, it was never served to guests. #Splendor”

So, why didn't they serve it? Or, claim that they didn't serve it? I
would rather have the Spam than a lot of the crap Carnival serves. Spam
is made out to be worse than it is. It is actually a really good food
staple when it comes to processed foods.
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
R. F. Duffer

On 11/12/2010 9:26 AM, R. F. Duffer wrote:
On 11/11/2010 2:13 PM, Charles wrote:
From Carnival on Twitter:

“@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last post, we wanted to clarify that
while some SPAM was delivered, it was never served to guests. #Splendor”

So, why didn't they serve it? Or, claim that they didn't serve it? I
would rather have the Spam than a lot of the crap Carnival serves. Spam
is made out to be worse than it is. It is actually a really good food
staple when it comes to processed foods.

I did forget to say one thing. Apparently Carnival would rather have
the marketing image that they would "never" serve Spam, but have no
problems with burning down the ship!
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected][_1_]

On Nov 11, 1:56*pm, (Jeff Gersten) wrote:
(Charles) wrote"

From Carnival on Twitter:
@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last
post, we wanted to clarify that while some
SPAM was delivered, it was never served to
guests. #Splendor

Are you sure? This sounds to me like "Spam" sandwiches.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40126918...cruise_travel/

snip
The Fishers described impromptu food fare that included cheese-and-beet
sandwiches and other sandwiches filled with something that looked like
corned-beef hash.

"If you could see the things they put on sandwiches, seriously, this
could be the only cruise ever where people lost weight instead of
gaining weight," Fisher said.
end snip

My friend said she never gained on weight on either of the two cruises
she want on. She is closterfobic and will not ride the elevators, so
took the stairs. I often found the stairs to be quicker than the
elevators sometimes, so used them quite often my previous cruises.

Michael