Marriott Resort, Marco Island, Florida

Old June 13th, 2007, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
JN

Default Marriott Resort, Marco Island, Florida

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:07:57 -0400 JN wrote:

:Newby wrote:
: Many smaller hotel/motel chains offer free Internet connection.; but not
: Marriott.

: Can anyone tell me if there is free WiFi available near the Marco Island
: Marriott? Marriott's prices to connect to the Internet almost amount to
: extortion.

: Thanks for any information.

:All the marriotts I have stayed in have wifi, not sure why this one
:wouldn't.

Perhaps you missed the key word - FREE

No I didn't miss it, I have never paid for wifi in a Marriott, I have
stayed in courtyards, fairfield inns and renisance.
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:07 AM posted to rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

: :Newby wrote:
: : Many smaller hotel/motel chains offer free Internet connection.; but not
: : Marriott.

: : Can anyone tell me if there is free WiFi available near the Marco Island
: : Marriott? Marriott's prices to connect to the Internet almost amount to
: : extortion.

: : Thanks for any information.

: :All the marriotts I have stayed in have wifi, not sure why this one
: :wouldn't.

: Perhaps you missed the key word - FREE

:No I didn't miss it, I have never paid for wifi in a Marriott, I have
:stayed in courtyards, fairfield inns and renisance.

I have been in the Marriott branded hotels and they all charged. Their class B
hotels might not. Though Hilton class B (Embassy Suites) did.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old June 14th, 2007, 08:08 AM posted to rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:35:20 -0400 pltrgyst
wrote:

:On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:13:08 -0400, "Newby" wrote:

:Can anyone tell me if there is free WiFi available near the Marco Island
:Marriott?

:Not that I could find.

:Marriott's prices to connect to the Internet almost amount to
:extortion.

:The package of high-speed Internet connectivity and free local and long distance
:telephone usage is bundled at $9.95 per day at all Marriotts, isn't it? When
:you're paying around $200 a day for a room, that doesn't seem extortionate.

It is a point of principle.

Just because the hotel charges $bigbucks, it doesn't mean that one should
blindly buy the $6 can of coke in the minibar.

Old June 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM posted to rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
pltrgyst[_2_]

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:08:58 +0300, Binyamin Dissen
wrote:

:Marriott's prices to connect to the Internet almost amount to
:extortion.

:The package of high-speed Internet connectivity and free local and long distance
:telephone usage is bundled at $9.95 per day at all Marriotts, isn't it? When
:you're paying around $200 a day for a room, that doesn't seem extortionate.

It is a point of principle.

Just because the hotel charges $bigbucks, it doesn't mean that one should
blindly buy the $6 can of coke in the minibar.

And we don't. But when we pay such room rates, we're traveling on business, and
the rate for high-speed Internet is factored in in advance.

-- Larry
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Am i the only one who doesnt think 200 bucks is realy all the much for
a room?

Chuck

Old June 14th, 2007, 01:52 PM posted to rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
JN

: :Newby wrote:
: : Many smaller hotel/motel chains offer free Internet connection.; but not
: : Marriott.

: : Can anyone tell me if there is free WiFi available near the Marco Island
: : Marriott? Marriott's prices to connect to the Internet almost amount to
: : extortion.

: : Thanks for any information.

: :All the marriotts I have stayed in have wifi, not sure why this one
: :wouldn't.

: Perhaps you missed the key word - FREE

:No I didn't miss it, I have never paid for wifi in a Marriott, I have
:stayed in courtyards, fairfield inns and renisance.

I have been in the Marriott branded hotels and they all charged. Their class B
hotels might not. Though Hilton class B (Embassy Suites) did.

Well I have been in one Fairfield that did not have wireless access, but
they did have a computer in the lobby with access and there was no
charge, at least none that I know of, I used it and did not need to use
my credit card.
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
pltrgyst[_2_]

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:35:34 -0700, "
wrote:

Am i the only one who doesnt think 200 bucks is realy all the much for
a room?

It all depends where the room is. A block from Times Square, SF Union Square,
etc. -- that's the mid-range. generic hotel room.

In Paris, it's a 4-star hotel.

Here in DC, that's any downtown mainstream chain, like Marriott.

In much of mid-America, that's the Presidential Suite at the best hotel in town.

-- Larry