MLB playoffs & World Series

Old September 24th, 2007, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Anka

Default MLB playoffs & World Series

I may be tempting Fate here, but in light of today's MLB happenings...

Are cruise ships in the Caribbean/Panama Canal equipped to broadcast
the MLB playoffs? The World Series? At this point, even a time-
delayed re-broadcast would be appreciated!

~Anka

Old September 24th, 2007, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill C

Anka wrote:
I may be tempting Fate here, but in light of today's MLB happenings...

Are cruise ships in the Caribbean/Panama Canal equipped to broadcast
the MLB playoffs? The World Series? At this point, even a time-
delayed re-broadcast would be appreciated!

~Anka

Most are equipped. Was just on Disney Magic 9/8 sailing and stayed on
the ship to watch the Eagles football game.
They couldn't get the satellite signal. Sat there for 45 minutes looking
at black screens. Finally got off and went shopping with the boss.
This was while we were docked in Key West.

Hopefully you'll be able to get to see the games you want.

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com
Old September 24th, 2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

Anka wrote:
I may be tempting Fate here, but in light of today's MLB happenings...

Are cruise ships in the Caribbean/Panama Canal equipped to broadcast
the MLB playoffs? The World Series? At this point, even a time-
delayed re-broadcast would be appreciated!

Anka, what ship will you be on? That will help you get a better answer.

We watched the NFL playoffs during our Panama Canal cruise on the
Brilliance in January, and while that was in the dedicated sports bar,
there are usually facilities to catch big sports events, even if it's
just a few TVs in the Schooner Bar. Many times, the in-room TVs will
also get some feed or other, usually ESPN International.

~ Peri
Old September 24th, 2007, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Anka

On Sep 24, 9:47?am, Peri wrote:
Anka wrote:
I may be tempting Fate here, but in light of today's MLB happenings...

Are cruise ships in the Caribbean/Panama Canal equipped to broadcast
the MLB playoffs? The World Series? At this point, even a time-
delayed re-broadcast would be appreciated!

Anka, what ship will you be on? That will help you get a better answer.

We watched the NFL playoffs during our Panama Canal cruise on the
Brilliance in January, and while that was in the dedicated sports bar,
there are usually facilities to catch big sports events, even if it's
just a few TVs in the Schooner Bar. Many times, the in-room TVs will
also get some feed or other, usually ESPN International.

~ Peri

Peri, we will be on the Coral Princess from October 21st to 31st,
right in the thick of the World Series!

~Anka

Old September 24th, 2007, 05:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Sep 24, 11:35 am, Anka wrote:
On Sep 24, 9:47?am, Peri wrote:

Anka wrote:
I may be tempting Fate here, but in light of today's MLB happenings...

Are cruise ships in the Caribbean/Panama Canal equipped to broadcast
the MLB playoffs? The World Series? At this point, even a time-
delayed re-broadcast would be appreciated!

Anka, what ship will you be on? That will help you get a better answer.

We watched the NFL playoffs during our Panama Canal cruise on the
Brilliance in January, and while that was in the dedicated sports bar,
there are usually facilities to catch big sports events, even if it's
just a few TVs in the Schooner Bar. Many times, the in-room TVs will
also get some feed or other, usually ESPN International.

~ Peri

Peri, we will be on the Coral Princess from October 21st to 31st,
right in the thick of the World Series!

~Anka

Don't they sometimes show major sporting events on the MUTS screen?
Haven't they shown the Super Bowl out there?

Lee

Old September 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Anka

On Sep 24, 11:17?am, LeeNY wrote:
On Sep 24, 11:35 am, Anka wrote:

On Sep 24, 9:47?am, Peri wrote:

Anka wrote:
[...]

Lee- Hide quoted text -

MUTS?

~Anka

Old September 24th, 2007, 05:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

Anka wrote:

Peri, we will be on the Coral Princess from October 21st to 31st,
right in the thick of the World Series!

~Anka

Don't they sometimes show major sporting events on the MUTS screen?
Haven't they shown the Super Bowl out there?

Lee- Hide quoted text -

MUTS?

~Anka

Movies Under The Stars. A huge screen used for showing movies outside.

I'm not familiar with the facilities on the Coral Princess, Anka, but my
guess is you will definitely be able to watch the Series, whether
outside, in one (or more) of the lounges, or in your stateroom. I'm
sure someone who's been on the ship will chime in with her or his own
experience.

~ Peri
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Bill C wrote:

Anka wrote:
I may be tempting Fate here, but in light of today's MLB happenings...

Are cruise ships in the Caribbean/Panama Canal equipped to broadcast
the MLB playoffs? The World Series? At this point, even a time-
delayed re-broadcast would be appreciated!

~Anka

Most are equipped. Was just on Disney Magic 9/8 sailing and stayed on
the ship to watch the Eagles football game.
They couldn't get the satellite signal. Sat there for 45 minutes looking
at black screens. Finally got off and went shopping with the boss.
This was while we were docked in Key West.

Hopefully you'll be able to get to see the games you want.

There's no TV in Key West unless you have cable or satellite. No
broadcast channels, But you probably could have gone to a bar onshore
and watched.
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Anka

On Sep 24, 11:57?am, Peri wrote:
Anka wrote:
Peri, we will be on the Coral Princess from October 21st to 31st,
right in the thick of the World Series!

~Anka

Don't they sometimes show major sporting events on the MUTS screen?
Haven't they shown the Super Bowl out there?

Lee- Hide quoted text -

MUTS?

~Anka

Movies Under The Stars. A huge screen used for showing movies outside.

I'm not familiar with the facilities on the Coral Princess, Anka, but my
guess is you will definitely be able to watch the Series, whether
outside, in one (or more) of the lounges, or in your stateroom. I'm
sure someone who's been on the ship will chime in with her or his own
experience.

~ Peri- Hide quoted text -

MUTS? Ah...

Thanks for all your help!