Caps at dinner...

Old December 31st, 2008, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Richard Bird

Default Caps at dinner...(Chas)

"Carol Eskra" wrote in message
Sorry I don't know what a wellie is!

It is a rubber wellington boot, if you google wellington boot you will find
the historic origin of these, look below for the modern versions
http://www.wellieboots.com/

Old December 31st, 2008, 10:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_7_]

Richard Bird wrote:
"Carol Eskra" wrote in message
Sorry I don't know what a wellie is!

It is a rubber wellington boot, if you google wellington boot you will find
the historic origin of these, look below for the modern versions
http://www.wellieboots.com/

Having lived in IN for quite a spell, they're also known as Purdue
Dating Slippers. The reason is too tasteless to needlessly post here.

--
Nonny
Good health is merely the
Old January 3rd, 2009, 05:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake J Carnaghie :

Richard Bird wrote:
"Carol Eskra" wrote in message

I had a cap on at lunch and was denied entering the dining room at lunch
time on RCI. Would never dream of wearing a cap at dinner, but it was
windy and thought it would be acceptable at this time of day.

You will be wearing wellies in the dining room next

Would that be the standard Black Wellies or
perhaps one of the bright yellow or red ones?
Cheers,
John on the Left Coast

More like Orson.
--
- dillon I am not invalid

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams come true.
Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which
will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no
matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Old January 3rd, 2009, 05:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Nonnymus :

Richard Bird wrote:
"Carol Eskra" wrote in message
Sorry I don't know what a wellie is!

It is a rubber wellington boot, if you google wellington boot you will find
the historic origin of these, look below for the modern versions
http://www.wellieboots.com/

Having lived in IN for quite a spell, they're also known as Purdue
Dating Slippers. The reason is too tasteless to needlessly post here.

I have a friend who went to Purdue. I'll have to see if I can make
her blush when I ask her (I know what you're talking about).

Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Default Caps at dinner...

On 12/26/2008 3:45 AM Bear Bottoms did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 04:05:27 -0500, Brian K wrote:

Except if you were to show up somewhere looking like a fashion
faggot, which I am certain I would do. You most likely wouldn't
be caught dead wearing Bjork's "Dead Swan" dress from an Oscars
attendance a few years back. I did, but that was part of my homo show.

yeaaaaaaaaaah

For gay bashing this is pretty lame. All anyone need do is look back
thread to see what I really said. What can I say? I refuse to have a
battle of wits with an unarmed person.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 12/16/2008 8:26 PM George Leppla did a "happy dance", then made
these writings:
OK... we were on the Carnival Ecstasy last week for a short cruise and
a couple of things came to mind and I thought I would throw them out
for discussion. Here is one...

When did it become OK for men to wear hats (mostly base-ball style
caps) inside.... including to dinner? Yeah... I know how no one has
any manners any more and we are all Going To Hell In A Handbasket....
but seriously, when did wearing caps everywhere including restaurants
and cruise ships become acceptable?

And this isn't a Carnival thing... I've seen it on Princess and Royal
Caribbean as well.... and in most mid-range land restaurants.

I just saw a showing of the late George Carlin's "It's bad for ya'" on
HBO. He did a bit about hats in a religious context. Catholic men must
take their hats off in church, Catholic women must cover their heads.
Jewish men in Temple must wear their yalmulca. (sp?) Jewish women must
uncover their heads Catholic women and Jewish men have to wear a hat.
Jewish women and Catholic men have to take their hat off... It's
hysterical the way George tells it. Re-reading everything in this
thread is almost as funny...especially that homophobic troll. Rent the
George Carlin video, "It's bad for ya'". As regards this whole hat
thing in cruise ship eating places, I think what George said hits the
nail on the head.

--
________
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_7_]

Richard Bird wrote:
"Carol Eskra" wrote in message
Sorry I don't know what a wellie is!

It is a rubber wellington boot, if you google wellington boot you will find
the historic origin of these, look below for the modern versions
http://www.wellieboots.com/

Having lived in IN for quite a spell, they're also known as Purdue
Dating Slippers. The reason is too tasteless to needlessly post here.

I have a friend who went to Purdue. I'll have to see if I can make
her blush when I ask her (I know what you're talking about).

She'll say you made a baaaaahhhhhddddd joke.

--
Nonny
Good health is merely the