Caps at dinner...

Old December 18th, 2008, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Default Caps at dinner...

nada wrote:

The lack of manners in Americans these days is shameful. I deal
with travelers from a number of countries, and Americans really
are the rudest now. Scandinavians are the most polite, followed
by southern Europeans and the Dutch. South Americans are almost
as nice, as are most Asians.

I recall at the opening of EuroDisney that many groups from Spain and
other countries had no clue how to queue up. Were they rude or just from
a culture that doesn't do something?
Old December 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"D Ball" wrote

It's a Texas thang, George. We might be the friendliest bunch, but
we've gotta lotta guys who sleep in their gimme caps, and some of
those real cowboys who keep their Stetsons on all the time, too.

I think you are right... it is a Texas thang... but more a Southern thing.

Fact is... people here in the South are friendlier than people in the North.
Life is just a little bit slower and people smile more often. It isn't
unusual for strangers to say Hello. I've been called "honey" and "baby" by
cashiers, "sir" by people young enough to be my grandchildren and old enough
to be my grandfather. I literally had a cashier at a store thank me for my
purchase and give me a hug.

Friendly people make for friendly ships.... and there is a big difference in
the "feel" of ships sailing from New Orleans and Galveston compared top
ships sailing from Florida or New York.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentine http://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm
May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old December 18th, 2008, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Richard Bird

"Goomba" wrote in message
nada wrote:

The lack of manners in Americans these days is shameful. I deal
with travelers from a number of countries, and Americans really
are the rudest now. Scandinavians are the most polite, followed
by southern Europeans and the Dutch. South Americans are almost
as nice, as are most Asians.

I recall at the opening of EuroDisney that many groups from Spain and
other countries had no clue how to queue up. Were they rude or just from a
culture that doesn't do something?

Unfortunately some european countries do not recognise queuing, i am from UK
and it does **** me off at times but generally i tend to accept it as part
of their way of life, perhaps things we do (or dont do) annoys them who
knows

Old December 18th, 2008, 03:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Richard Bird

"George Leppla" wrote in message

[...]

That sentence is interesting, in the Royal Air Force UK anything that is
given to advertise or try to persuade people to buy or join is called a
Gizzit (as in give me it)

Old December 18th, 2008, 04:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

The only time I feel hats are ok in a restaurant or dining room, is if
they are worn for religous reasons, such as the Yamakas worn by Jewish men.

sue

Our Viking hats are our own religion..... Then we have Bunny ears and
then we have our Disney Ears It brings joy to most in the dining
room! People would look up and laugh or smile

Hmm Tom ya think Mr Claus and Mrs Claus would be humourous here? hahaha
Old December 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Susette wrote:
The only time I feel hats are ok in a restaurant or dining room, is if
they are worn for religous reasons, such as the Yamakas worn by Jewish men.

sue

Our Viking hats are our own religion..... Then we have Bunny ears and
then we have our Disney Ears It brings joy to most in the dining
room! People would look up and laugh or smile

There are always exceptions to the rules such as the Viking hats and
Halloween costumes.LOL

sue
Old December 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Dec 17, 2:19�pm, D Ball wrote:
On Dec 16, 7:26�pm, "George Leppla" wrote:

OK... we were on the Carnival Ecstasy last week for a short cruise and a
couple of things came to mind and I thought I would throw them out for
discussion. �Here is one...

When did it become OK for men to wear hats (mostly base-ball style caps)
inside.... including to dinner? �Yeah... I know how no one has any manners
any more and we are all Going To Hell In A Handbasket.... but seriously,
when did wearing caps everywhere including restaurants and cruise ships
become acceptable?

And this isn't a Carnival thing... I've seen it on Princess and Royal
Caribbean as well.... and in most mid-range land restaurants.

--
George Leppla � �http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentinehttp://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm
May 10, 2009 �ALASKA �http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
October 16, 2010 �OASIShttp://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

It's a Texas thang, George. We might be the friendliest bunch, but
we've gotta lotta guys who sleep in their gimme caps, and some of
those real cowboys who keep their Stetsons on all the time, too. Not
pretty. I wish the evening dining venues would enforce the "no hat"
rule, but then again, I wish they'd enforce all the other dress codes,
too.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX- Hide quoted text -

But with the baggage rules I feel that the Fancy stuff will be going
to the wayside. Just can not fit it all into those carryons...
and the VIkings always wear their hats....
Old December 18th, 2008, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Dec 18, 6:10�am, Charles wrote:
In article , nada

wrote:
The lack of manners in Americans these days is shameful. �I deal
with travelers from a number of countries, and Americans really
are the rudest now. �Scandinavians are the most polite, followed
by southern Europeans and the Dutch. �South Americans are almost
as nice, as are most Asians.

Bunk.

--
Charles

Double Bunk......
Old December 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Dec 18, 9:38�am, Goomba wrote:
nada wrote:
The lack of manners in Americans these days is shameful. �I deal
with travelers from a number of countries, and Americans really
are the rudest now. �Scandinavians are the most polite, followed
by southern Europeans and the Dutch. �South Americans are almost
as nice, as are most Asians.

I recall at the opening of EuroDisney that many groups from Spain and
other countries had no clue how to queue up. Were they rude or just from
a culture that doesn't do something?

Colombians in Universal are the worst BEcause their culture allows
them to just walk ahead of folks in line.... and remember the year
when the South American Ships had certain folks Defecating in the
Elevators?

I also find that the Waiters are starting to lack on proper serving
too- Woman are suppose to be served first but I have found many do not
do this.... so manners should start with the workers