Live in Europe?

Old July 20th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Thomas Stalder

Default Live in Europe?

Tim Challenger wrote:

It's called being relaxed. We don't all have to be like the Germans or
Swiss.

So Swiss are not relaxed? Do you know them or some or did you just hear
this somewhere?

Aloha
Thomas

Old July 20th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Gregory Morrow

poldy wrote:

In article et,
"Gregory Morrow" wrote:

jm wrote:

If you wanted to move from the USA to Europe, which top three
countries would you consider? Make cost of living a factor in some
and not in others.

I appreciate your input!

Czech Republic

Denmark

Ireland

What if you like the sun?

I don't care for hot, sunny weather very much anymore. That's because now
at the age of 50 I've entered the period of life called "crankdom"....

--
Best
Greg

Old July 20th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Thomas Peel

Wolfgang Schwanke schrieb:

Dominique Foucart wrote in
:

I would probably recommend Belgium:
- central to all places in Europe

The geographical centre of Europe is in Ukraine.

--
Once more with the voice of Buddha

http://www.wschwanke.de/ usenet_20031215 (AT) wschwanke (DOT) de

I googled the question recently and the Ukraine was not among the
answers.
T.
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:22 AM
Frank F. Matthews

No. There are enough relatives to front for those in control to run on
until folks wake up.

poldy wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

I couldn't have put it better myself. Why live in a has been country
where their stupidity is only surpassed by their perfidity and
arrogance?

Because Bush has to leave office at some point?

Old July 21st, 2004, 04:06 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Magda wrote:

No, I don't like selfish people, yes, sometimes I am in a hurry, and no, I don't destroy
other people's property. And yes, I *love* living in Paris...

I think I would, too, if my retirement income would stretch that far
without having to work part-time! (Which would present major
difficulties - my age, my lack of fluency in French, and the fact that
there are plenty of French accountants, making a work permit
problematical.)

Old July 21st, 2004, 04:38 AM
Charles Hawtrey

poldy climbed onto an orange crate and shouted:

In article et,
"Gregory Morrow" wrote:

Czech Republic

Denmark

Ireland

What if you like the sun?

Well then you can move to the Mediterranean instead of one of the
countries Gregory lists. Just be sure and keep the phone number of a
good dermatologist, in case you develop melanoma.

--
"Politicians & Diapers Need To Be Changed For The Same Reason"
(seen on a bumper sticker)
Old July 21st, 2004, 05:13 AM
Mxsmanic

jm writes:

If you wanted to move from the USA to Europe, which top three
countries would you consider?

If you don't know where in Europe you want to live, why do you want to
move?

Old July 21st, 2004, 05:20 AM

11,000 is hardly a couple, is it ace?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:23:50 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

If it's hot folks die. We had a couple die here in the US last week.
And it wasn't even very hot.

wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:31:44 +0200, John Stolz

You entirely miss the point. Why travel if you just want everywhere to be
like home. Open your mind and try and get over the idea that the way
things are done at home is the only or correct way. Don't judge the
places you travel to by how much like home they are and you'll get far
more out of travelling and might even have a different view on home when
you get back.

Otherwise, just stay at home where everything is perfect.

I could point out a few things that France does better than, say, the US
such as food, health-care, social provision, murder (as in less rather
than more) and invading other peoples countries on trumped up pretexts,
but I won't because that would probably cause a flame war. oops.

Yeah, healthcare. Like those 11,000 people who died there last year
due to the heat while the politicians and healthcare system were on
vacation. Right. Much better. And don't forget the 30 plus times
France has invaded African countries since 1960 without once going to
the UN, the most recent removing the democratically elected government
in the Ivory Coast moron. Don't forget these and the oil for food
scandal, etc. etc.

Old July 21st, 2004, 07:32 AM
Luca Logi

Thomas Stalder wrote:

Very unfortunately, they don't all tend to come in the same package!

Sure?
Maybe, because of point 3, you're right. I don't know.

Anything you can find in Switzerland, it can be found in Austria as
well, at a lower price and with more flowers around it

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:
Home page: