Seeing eye dogs on Princess...should I cancel?

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Stefan Patric[_3_]

Default Seeing eye dogs on Princess...should I cancel?

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:27:44 -0700, Deward wrote:

On Apr 15, 7:26Â*pm, Bill wrote:

Actually, you cut out the piece he replied to, which was just from the
other day, even if it was only "a a". You should have replied to the
first one.

That's because Google Groups, in their infinite wisdom, chose not to
send me the message to which you refer. If I check in "RecGroups" it IS
there.

Why use Google Groups at all?

It's interface is poorly designed, and it's slow. There are a multitude
of free Usenet servers available. All you need is a newsreader--stand
alone (free ones available) or in combo with another app, usually an e-
mail client. Once you get used to it, you'll never go back to Google
Groups, and will wonder why you ever used it in the first place.

Stef
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Deward Deward is offline
Member

On Apr 16, 2:13*pm, Stefan Patric wrote:

Why use Google Groups at all?

It's interface is poorly designed, and it's slow. *There are a multitude
of free Usenet servers available. *All you need is a newsreader--stand
alone (free ones available) or in combo with another app, usually an e-
mail client. *Once you get used to it, you'll never go back to Google
Groups, and will wonder why you ever used it in the first place.

Stef

I use it because it is free.

Deward
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Stefan Patric[_3_]

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:20:07 -0700, Deward wrote:

On Apr 16, 2:13Â*pm, Stefan Patric wrote:

Why use Google Groups at all?

It's interface is poorly designed, and it's slow. Â*There are a
multitude of free Usenet servers available. Â*All you need is a
newsreader--stand alone (free ones available) or in combo with another
app, usually an e- mail client. Â*Once you get used to it, you'll never
first place.

Stef

I use it because it is free.

You'll note that I said "...free Usenet servers." The one I use aioe
(http://news.aioe.org/) is free and quite good, doesn't require
registration like some other free servers, no ads, and works with all
OSes. Well, at least the ones I use: Linux, W2k, XP, OSX. Servers are
located in Italy.

Try it. Never hurts to try. You might prefer it over the morass that is
Google Groups.

Stef
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

On 4/16/2012 4:20 PM, Deward wrote:

I use it because it is free.

Deward

I have been using nntp.aioe.org with my Mozilla Thunderbird since my
ISP dropped news groups and it works just great!
--

Ray