RyanAir tickets (Stansted-Venice)

Old November 4th, 2003, 01:06 PM
michael vickers

Default RyanAir tickets (Stansted-Venice)

I have 2 Ryanair tickets from London-Stansted to Venice that I cannot
use and would like to sell.
They are currently booked at an excellent fare, departing Nov.9, 2003;
returning Nov.14, 2003.

The buyer would pay £65 for the tickets + the change fee of £15 per
ticket. Could also change the dates at the same time, with the buyer
to pay the difference between the amount paid and the amount for the
new dates required.

Prefer face-to-face exchange in London, but could workout a Paypal
deal.

Cheers,
Michael
Old November 4th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Miss L. Toe

"michael vickers" wrote in message
om...
I have 2 Ryanair tickets from London-Stansted to Venice that I cannot
use and would like to sell.
They are currently booked at an excellent fare, departing Nov.9, 2003;
returning Nov.14, 2003.

The buyer would pay £65 for the tickets + the change fee of £15 per
ticket.

I belive the buyer would also pay the difference between the price you paid
and the currect price.

Old November 4th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Philip George

If anyone takes you up on that, they are mad! It doesn't just cost £15
to change the name. The cost is £15 PLUS the difference between the fare
on the ticket, and the currently available one!

In other words it'd be cheaper for them to buy a new ticket.

phil

Old November 4th, 2003, 02:09 PM
bigbrian

On 4 Nov 2003 12:45:11 -0000, (Philip George)
wrote:

If anyone takes you up on that, they are mad! It doesn't just cost £15
to change the name. The cost is £15 PLUS the difference between the fare
on the ticket, and the currently available one!

In other words it'd be cheaper for them to buy a new ticket.

Not if the original purchase price of the tickets being offered is
£80

Lets say they originally cost £100 and the current cost is £200 (all
in)

Buy the tickets being sold, pay the seller £65, pay Ryanair £15 + £100
fare increase, total cost = £180, a saving of £20 on the current
purchase price.

Effectively, Ryanair's policy pegs the sellers maximum asking price to
£15 less than he paid for the tickets. Any higher than that, and it
is, indeed, cheaper to buy a new ticket.

The dynamics of the whole thing change pretty quickly, though, as it
gets towards departure day. The seller ought to be willing to take
less and less each day, to avoid the risk of losing the whole cost
he's already sunk,. while the cost of travelling for the buyer is
going up, as Ryanair pushes its fares up closer and closer to
departure.

Brian

phil

Old November 4th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Aaron the Aardvark

Treviso the cost is 14.99+14.99+taxes (say 25 quid maximum, should be
less not sure for Italy) gives a current cost booking today for that
flight of 55quid - how can you sell them for 80? What muppet would
buy?

Just what I was thinking...

Aaron

AardvarkTravel.net Travel Search Engine and Travel Forums
http://www.aardvarktravel.net and http://www.aardvarktravel.net/chat