vienna to prague tansport?

Old November 26th, 2003, 01:40 AM
dion_b

Default vienna to prague tansport?

MrFalafel wrote:

jkw03 wrote in message ...

I want to visit Vienna, Cesky Krumlov, and Prague and was wondering what
the best way to do that was! I have heard that the train from Vienna to
Prague is about 8 hours... tried to look at timetables but it was
really confusing. Any cheap airlines that fly between the two cities? I
want to start in Vienna and make my way up. Any hotel suggestions?
THANKS

There's a direct train from Vienna to Prague that only takes 4 and
half hours. Pretty scenic as well (I've done it in the opposite
direction). It leaves at 10:25 and gets in around 3pm. This website
has all the details of trains
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/e

When you consider the time it takes to get out to the airport, getting
their an hour or so before the flight, and then getting from the
airport to the town centre, you'll find it probably takes 4 hours
'door to door' if you fly.

It looks like Cesky Krumlov is a 4 hour train ride from Prague with
one change in Ceske Budejovice. Check that link for details.

Cesky Krumlov is pretty much en-route from Wien to Praha, although the
main-line trains take a different route.

You could leave Wien at 7.05 and arrive in Cesky Krumlov at 11.32, then
spend all afternoon looking around this picturesque little town, have
dinner there around six and catch a train at 20.17 for Praha to arrive
at 23.56, admittedly late, but not a problem if you have (hostel)
accomodation arranged in advance.

I found the above on the Deutsche Bahn website mentioned several times
in this thread.

Old November 26th, 2003, 07:20 PM
tile

well
from Vienna you will be going to Linz.
from Linz to ceske budejovice
from Ceske budejovice to cesky Krumlov.
I do not think there will be a direct traim for this route..