Sydney - sightseeing passes

Old August 5th, 2009, 09:27 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
news[_6_]

Default Sydney - sightseeing passes

Hi

What kind of "pass" will be best/best to buy in Sydney if we mostly
want to go around by busses, trail and ferries.
We will stay in Sydney for 4 weeks, so we don't have to hurry,
I have read about TravelPass, do any one know more about this?

Being 60 years old, will we have any senior discount ?

Thank You - Jele

Old August 5th, 2009, 01:27 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Gerrit

"news" wrote in message
Hi

What kind of "pass" will be best/best to buy in Sydney if we mostly
want to go around by busses, trail and ferries.
We will stay in Sydney for 4 weeks, so we don't have to hurry,
I have read about TravelPass, do any one know more about this?

Being 60 years old, will we have any senior discount ?

Thank You - Jele

The couple of times we have been in Sydney we stayed in the Lane Cove River
Tourist Park and leaving the caravan and car there we travelled everywhere
between there and the CBD and to the other side of Sydney to a similar
distance with public transport.
We purchased a Green Travel Pass and this gave us unlimited travel within
the red and green zones on the trains as well as on the bus. We could use
any regular public transport ferry except the high speed catamaran to Manly
(but the slow boat is nicer anyway). The only thing we had to remember was
that the zones are not the same for bus, ferry and train. For instance we
could take the ferry or bus to Parramatta but not the train. Once again the
ferry trip is the nicest anyway so that is what we did.
We have found the Travel Pass ideal for our purposes and would recommend it
to anyone.
Check out:
http://www.sydneybuses.info/tickets/...travelpass.htm for
details of costs etc. and
http://www.sydneybuses.info/tickets/...travelpass.htm for maps
showing the zones.
Fares for these tickets are available on:
http://www.131500.com.au/faresandpas...velpass.asp#a4
They do have a pensioner all day excursion ticket for $2.50 which may be
used on all zones and modes for a whole day but it is only available to
Australian and/or New South Wales citizens, not for tourists from overseas
which you appear to be.

I hope this helps.

Gerrit - Albany WA

Old August 6th, 2009, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Hi,
For what its worth for what you want to do & see
http://www.sydneybuses.info/tourist-...sydneypass.htm

regarding seniors discounts:
You must either have a seniors card from one of the states of Australia
OR the Australian Government pension card to get any discount.
As you have "dk" address I would suggest NO discount is the answer.

regards
John H