Input Please On My Final Three Selections....

Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bo1953

Default Input Please On My Final Three Selections....

Hello all, I have finally whittled down to three (3) cruises and all
input is welcome as to which line and/or itinerary. I have cruised
before, my partner has not and is welcoming the opportunity. I tend to
enjoy formal, he does not but will. Looking for constructive input
based on recent experiences first hand or through friends you know who
have sailed on the following:

1) Regent SS Mariner 4 Jan 11 Western Caribbean, Deluxe Suite $3,399

2) Seabourne Legend 28 Jan 11 Bal Suite B2 $3,199

3) SeaDream SeaDream II 7 Jan 11 Club Deck 3 $3,399

Seadream I can opt for the minimum class. I understand for #'s 2 & 3 I
need to add air, port charges and taxes.

Any other suggestions or recommendations are welcomed too.

TIA for your input...

Bo1953
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 7/21/10 10:51 PM, Bo1953 wrote:
Hello all, I have finally whittled down to three (3) cruises and all
input is welcome as to which line and/or itinerary. I have cruised
before, my partner has not and is welcoming the opportunity. I tend to
enjoy formal, he does not but will. Looking for constructive input
based on recent experiences first hand or through friends you know who
have sailed on the following:

1) Regent SS Mariner 4 Jan 11 Western Caribbean, Deluxe Suite $3,399

2) Seabourne Legend 28 Jan 11 Bal Suite B2 $3,199

3) SeaDream SeaDream II 7 Jan 11 Club Deck 3 $3,399

Seadream I can opt for the minimum class. I understand for #'s 2& 3 I
need to add air, port charges and taxes.

Any other suggestions or recommendations are welcomed too.

TIA for your input...

Bo1953

I had a friend at work who sailed Regent (Paul Gauguin, etc.) a number
of times and raved about it. But she's the only one I know who did any
of the three. And only Regent.

All are really high end... I guess I'd opt for the largest ship out of
the three (all are small), to potentially have more things to do on board.

Out of the three, I don't think you can go wrong. But they are rather
expensive for most people.

--Tom
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
Bo1953 wrote:

Hello all, I have finally whittled down to three (3) cruises and all
input is welcome as to which line and/or itinerary. I have cruised
before, my partner has not and is welcoming the opportunity. I tend to
enjoy formal, he does not but will. Looking for constructive input
based on recent experiences first hand or through friends you know who
have sailed on the following:

1) Regent SS Mariner 4 Jan 11 Western Caribbean, Deluxe Suite $3,399

2) Seabourne Legend 28 Jan 11 Bal Suite B2 $3,199

3) SeaDream SeaDream II 7 Jan 11 Club Deck 3 $3,399

Seadream I can opt for the minimum class. I understand for #'s 2 & 3 I
need to add air, port charges and taxes.

Any other suggestions or recommendations are welcomed too.

TIA for your input...

Sorry I can't give you first hand input on those lines but having done
a bunch of Caribbean cruises I have some input on your choice based on
the itineraries.

I can't see spending that much for the western Caribbean itinerary on
Regent Mariner.

Ditto the Seabourn Legend eastern Caribbean itinerary.

The itinerary on SeaDream II on the other hand looks a lot better than
the other two. Nevis, Saba, St. Barts, Anquilla, and the BVI ports.

If you are going to spent kind of money on a Caribbean cruise I think
the SeaDream is the one to choose out of the three.

--
Charles
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:51:38 -0700 (PDT), Bo1953 wrote:

3) SeaDream SeaDream II 7 Jan 11 Club Deck 3 $3,399

This isn't cruising, this is yachting, be sure you understand the
minute and large differences. The primary activities on this ship are
boozing, snoozing, social talk with the other pax, and off the ship
(sightseeing, shop, etc).
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
Sign up for special email deals @ www.CruiseQuick.com - Sells more
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_6_]

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:07:33 -0400, Tom K wrote:

Bo, Peter is mostly a troll.

Tom is right, Bo, and Tom and I are very, very close. wink
--
Charles - "I am not a homo"
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K[_3_]

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:51:38 -0700 (PDT), Bo1953 wrote:

Hello all, I have finally whittled down to three (3) cruises and all
input is welcome as to which line and/or itinerary. I have cruised
before, my partner has not and is welcoming the opportunity. I tend to
enjoy formal, he does not but will.

Google any posts between Charles and I. We are a fun couple like you
and yours it seems.

--Tom
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K[_3_]

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:00:11 -0400, Charles wrote:

In article
,
Bo1953 wrote:

[...]

We need to look into the Sea Dream, Charles, it sounds dreamy!

--Tom
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_6_]

Bo1953 wrote:

[...]

I'm on it, partner
--
Charles - "I am not a homo. Love between men is gay love"
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:51:38 -0700 (PDT), Bo1953 wrote:

Any other suggestions or recommendations are welcomed too.

First, you picked a good time to cruise. Right after New Year's,
prices tend to be down and the ships a whole lots less crowded. With
the ultra luxury ships you have picked, kids wouldn't be a problem
anyway.

You didn't say how long you had but when we cruise, we prefer the
Eastern/Southern routes and especially like to combine all three. I.E.
would be many of the non transit to the Panama Canal (Lake Gatun)
itineraries. Often these will swing thru the Caymans, Costa Rica, the
ABCs over to the Grenadine and Windwards, Leewards up to the Virgins.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bo1953

On Jul 22, 3:20*pm, "Ari Silverstein, C.T.A."
wrote:
[...]

Ari,

We have six to eight days max... Personally, I prefer fourteen to
eighteen days. I do not think my partner could stand it as a first
cruising.

Thanks - Bo