Nice hotels in Berchtesgaden area?

Old November 11th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Kitty Panza

Default Nice hotels in Berchtesgaden area?

I'm planning a trip to Berchtesgaden for the end of February. There
are some bobsled and skeleton races there that I want to attend. Does
anyone have some nice hotels in the area to recommend? I'm willing
to go to approximately $150/night. Places with non-smoking rooms would
be preferred. If anyone knows the area and can let me know where the
bobsled track is in reference to Berchtesgaden proper, I'd appreciate
it!

Thanks!

Kitty Panza

Old November 12th, 2003, 03:17 PM
voyager

My personal favorite in Berchtesgaden is the Hotel Grunberger. It's an easy
walk to the town center and conveniently located across the river from the
train/bus depot. The hotel is well run, spotlessly clean and if memory
serves me correctly I believe has non-smoking rooms. Rooms generally run
less than 50 Euros per person (including a very good breakfast buffet) and
about 10 Euros more for half-board. Sorry I don't know the proximity to the
bobsled track

http://www.hotel-gruenberger.de

Enjoy

--
Voyager
(Remove the mystery meat to reply!)

Old November 12th, 2003, 03:26 PM
jcoulter

Kitty Panza wrote in :

I'm planning a trip to Berchtesgaden for the end of February. There
are some bobsled and skeleton races there that I want to attend. Does
anyone have some nice hotels in the area to recommend? I'm willing
to go to approximately $150/night. Places with non-smoking rooms

would
be preferred. If anyone knows the area and can let me know where the
bobsled track is in reference to Berchtesgaden proper, I'd appreciate
it!

Thanks!

Kitty Panza

We stayed at the Vier Jahreszeiten a few years ago and found it to be
very comfortable (especially important as we were also down with the
flu) The hotel was quite charming although one could easily get lost
going up down and around. Breakfast area had a spectacular view. The
restaurant, well I had the flu and to be honest good German food isn't
what I seek at a time like that. My great quest was a bowl of clear
chicken soup.
Old November 12th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Kitty Panza

Thank you for the 2 suggestions. They do help!

Kitty